Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How long for Little People?

How long did your kids play with Little People by Fisher Price? My DD is 2.5, and while she still plays with and enjoys her little people toys, I don't know if it will be worth it to buy her some more for Christmas, or if she'll be uninterested before too long? DD2 can always play with them when she's old enought, so it wouldn't be a total waste, but if that's the case, I'd rather get DD1 things that she'll play with longer.

Advertisement

dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long for Little People?

My 4 year old daughter still loves them. She plays with them in her doll house now that she is older.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old who will be 5 in a week still plays with them too. Personally, I think Little People are great for quite a while.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 3 1/2 year old DD plays with them and her 5 1/2 year old brother will play with them also. It's really cute, because the one year old likes them so all of the kids will play nicely together (for a bit, until the two older ones want the same Little Person, even though we have a million of them).

I got the one year old the Disney Princess Castle Little People Set for Christmas and my 3 1/2 year old was very upset that it wasn't for her- she said that the baby better share it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

go ahead. like I saw they will use in other things too and use imagination as mine doesn't pla1y with little people but other things in other ways she used to before and as you said that there is another. My oldest will play with my youngest daughter with toys she has kind of stopped playing with by herself...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Little People are one of the few toys that all of my children will play with together. They're ages 5, 1, and 1.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #7
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My almost 5yo still plays with them. All the kids like them.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #8
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 6 year old digs them. She won't usually ask for them over other toys when choosing, but if you hand her a set, she'll play for an hour. We also have the whole Nativity, Durmmer Boy, Inn in Bethlehem series which only comes out from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve and boy, does she get excited about that!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 3,5 and 8 yr will still play with our Christmas sets when they come out. I even bought a new Christmas set because ds loves them so much. With my kids, around 2ish they lose interest in the little people but it picks back up once they enter a new level of play (3ish). Given the choice by then they'd ask for something other an little people as a gift but put little people in front of them and they'll be happy with it.

My 5 yr old would technically love the princess castle that just came out. But I won't buy it just because there is other princess stuff she'd ultimately rather have. At 2.5 I wouldn't think twice about buying more little people stuff.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome, thanks so much for the reassurance...heading out to go shopping in just a few minutes, and Little People are definitely on my list now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
My 6 year old digs them. She won't usually ask for them over other toys when choosing, but if you hand her a set, she'll play for an hour. We also have the whole Nativity, Durmmer Boy, Inn in Bethlehem series which only comes out from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve and boy, does she get excited about that!
Do you know where the Drummer Boy and Inn in Bethlehem ones are sold?? I got the Nativity at Target last year, but there was only one, and another shopper saw it in my cart and said she'd been looking everywhere for it and couldn't find it. I haven't really looked anywhere yet, but I've never seen or heard of the drummer boy and inn ones, I'd love to get them!! I also would like to get more zoo talkers for her, but I never see them out. At least the princess set has been in stock at Wal-Mart everytime, I can at least get that if I want!
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote