Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
Registered Users
Sweet potato casserole

Need more help. Sorry for all the questions, it's just my first year to cook Christmas dinner! I'm looking for a recipe for sweet potatoes I think casserole? It's the one with the marshmallows on top? TIA!

Mommy to 11 yr old ds , 9 yr old ds & 7 yr old dd ...Also loving gf to my Hulk bf and part time mommy to his 11 yr old ds :wave2: and 6 yr old ds
mommyofhjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sweet potato casserole

Yes. I do a diet version so I don't have a traditional recipe, but its pretty much the same. Cook and mash sweet potatoes (you can add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to the potatoes- I don't. i use just a little milk and cinnamon in the potatoes). Put into baking dish. Top with marshmallows (I use sliced bananas in place of marshmallows) then dot with butter, sprinkle a nice coating of brown sugar and a little cinnamon. For my diet recipe I only use 2 tbls of butter and 1/4 of brown sugar. A traditional recipe usually has a little more butter and twice the sugar, but even if I weren't doing a healthier recipe I still wouldn't use that much sugar- I think its way too sweet with the normal amount of sugar. Then bake at 350 until bubbily- I don't have the recipe in front of me but I think its around 30-40 mins. BTW I have never met someone who didn't like the banana version even my FIL who is against any recipe that is a healthier version of a traditional recipe.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote