Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else scared to death of baby #3?

Is anyone else scared to death of having a third baby? I keep hearing the third is the easiest, but I don't see how! There are two parents, two kids. You can split the pick-me-ups, hold me's, and tantrums. Three? What do you do with a third??

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm not scared, I'm sure it will take some adjusting and I will probably go temporarily insane at times but not scared.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else scared to death of baby #3?

No, its not that bad. btdt! Now 4 is a challenge, lol...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was scared to change the dynamic of the family with a third. We had a boy and girl and of course society thinks that is the perfect family. I wanted a third but was nervous of creating a 'middle' child more then adding to the family. I never had the nervous feeling of having three and only two parents. I never got that aspect of parenting. Your a team no matter what... and I really hate the football terminology that goes along with that one one defense or whatever! LOL.
Does it change, yes. Is it fantastic? yes! Of course you know you have enough to love around and the way the olders care for a baby is wonderful. My oldest was 7 and the other was 4. It was a wonderful age to add to our family. They can be a big help and also hold the baby with care. Does it create more chaos? yes!!! How can it not. Kids are going to cry, need to be held, have meltdowns and such but with a strong parent foundation it doesn't matter. Hubs and I are a team. Even if we had 10 kids we would be a team doing that as well. Good luck to you mamas wanting to add a third. It was one of the greatest things we've done with our family
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 and the 3rd was by FAR the easiest. She just fit right in like she was always here. I do 95% anyways so I was outnumbered by 2. Plus they get more self sufficient as they get older so it isn't like I have 3 newborns. I want a 4th and I think that may be a bit tricky but 3 is easy peasy, at least for us.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

No Going from just me and DH to having DD, then 11 months later having DS scared the crap out of me! DD was still crawling when DS was born (she turned one year four days after his birth) and DH is active duty = single parent (me ) Now I feel like, the other two can walk, talk and feed themselves... We'll survive haha! Anything is easier than last time
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
I have 3 and the 3rd was by FAR the easiest. She just fit right in like she was always here. I do 95% anyways so I was outnumbered by 2. Plus they get more self sufficient as they get older so it isn't like I have 3 newborns. I want a 4th and I think that may be a bit tricky but 3 is easy peasy, at least for us.
exactly. #3 has been super duper easy. Easier than my 2nd baby ever was! She was easily entertained b/c there were two other kids to sit and coo at her, she always had something going on to watch or be a part of, she had other people in the back seat to make faces at her and keep her from hating the car rides.... easy peasy.

Now, we have #4 coming and I am flipping out about that one for sure.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I dont think it is about a number at all. it depends on where you are in your life and also, the personalities of your kids. two was hard for me but only because my second had severe reflux and literally screamed for the first 8 months of life. it was easier when we added a third and then we added a fourth this past Nov and things get busy but I still remember when my 2nd was a baby...that was the hardest time ever. My 3rd child is clingy but easy and then the 4th is so far, extremely easy and mellow. He could sleep thru anything.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

A third makes a marvelous toy for the first two.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm due soon with #3 and not scared. My boys are independent and can do many things on their own (make sandwhiches, get snacks, get dressed, both are potty trained, etc). So I really don't think it would be a big deal. Even though 2 kids, 2 parents, my DH works out of the home and I don't so I parent majority of the time alone. 1 parent, 2 kids. No biggie.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote