Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else scared to death of baby #3?

3 was BY FAR the easiest adjustment for our family, I was a little worried since we would have 3 under 4, but really not much changed. When we were out she was strapped to me most of the time, so it really wasn't any different than having 2.

My then 3 and 2 year olds were already pretty used to playing with each other all day so it wasn't like going from 1-2 where the only child is used to having your attention, they'd already moved on to bigger and better things and had someone to do things with when I was busy with the baby.

The logistics of going places alone scared me more than anything, but really it ended up not being a big deal at all.

Now were getting ready for number #4 under 6, I'm not nervous at all.

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #22
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I try to remember that THIS will be the hardest time for me. My 2 sisters and I were all about 18 months apart (18 mos between Me and Rebecca, and 19 months between Rebecca and Renee). And we all THREE were very close friends and playmates. And funny, we are still very close today. My younger sister is due in March with her first, and my next younger sister is about to go to Germany with the Air Force. We love each other dearly, even though we have had our teenage moments. And we will always be close. Our toddler years were just a grey hair on my mother's head, and our forever friendship will always be dear to my mother's heart.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

lecialefty - Are you guys thinking about #3? Is your LO crawling? Annora is trying to start walking already, she pulls herself up onto furniture, and tries to take steps. My son was a late walker, so this is all new to me!
Ntnp Mercedes has been mobile for 3 months now (just before 6 months old). And today she pushed up on my knee then just stood there not holding onto anything. Then she sat down. She's cruising now too. Dd1 wasn't mobile until 9 months so this is new for me too.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pictures of my closest sisters and I....

And our entire family at my younger sisters wedding (2nd oldest)...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #25
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Ntnp Mercedes has been mobile for 3 months now (just before 6 months old). And today she pushed up on my knee then just stood there not holding onto anything. Then she sat down. She's cruising now too. Dd1 wasn't mobile until 9 months so this is new for me too.
Awwww!!! How FUN! Maybe we'll be in the same due date group again! Wouldn't that be hilarious!!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

I feel ya! 3 is rough for me. I tell everyone to stop at 2. Lol

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My third was/is pretty easy going. But it's still a ton of work. In some ways it gets easier as he gets older (not nursing all the time), but in some ways it's harder (more toy messes, sisters bug him like crazy). If I try to get anything done downstairs, they are messing ul.their bedrooms upstairs. If I am cleaning upstairs, the downstairs gets trashed. It's hard for me to keep up with the mess, laundry, homeschool....BUT I wouldn't change it for anything. I have just adjusted my expectations for what I can accomplish in a day. Some days I have to be content with having fed them 3 meals plus snacks, and cleaned up the dishes. Some days they watch tv for a while so I can get something done. I rest when they nap. I drink a cup of tea and relax with a magazine or tv show. I know some day I will miss them being little...even with all the extra work and messes.

You'll never regret the kids you have. Go for #3, you can do it!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
Pictures of my closest sisters and I....

And our entire family at my younger sisters wedding (2nd oldest)...
You just made my night. Nursing my number three, 18 months between 1 and 2 and 3, I had 3 under 3 for 5 days. I needed a reminder that my boys will always have each other.....
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #29
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin'sMom View Post
You just made my night. Nursing my number three, 18 months between 1 and 2 and 3, I had 3 under 3 for 5 days. I needed a reminder that my boys will always have each other.....
It is really an awesome thing. While it may not be perfect timing, or it may be super hard, siblings love each other, and have each other. I will find a LOT of comfort in my siblings when my parents are gone. We find a lot of comfort in each other even now. My youngest brother is 10, so there is a big age difference between us all. But I'm looking forward to him growing up, his graduation, his wedding. It will be sweet bliss every time one of my siblings does something or goes somewhere. It's an amazing feeling, and if I felt I could handle 7 kids, I would do it myself. But I don't think it's for us. I want to make sure our marriage is healthy and strong at every 'check point'. We both know how much love comes with siblings though, and really want another two if possible, maybe more.

My mother always said.. the greatest gift you can give your child, is a sibling.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #30
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
I was not scared but 3 is much harder for me. My 2nd was easy peasy. She was super mellow, slept a lot, DS1 was really helpful and sweet etc. I thought I was going to do just as well with 3 however he is not a sleeper, very clingy, nurses constantly and DD is in the midst of her terrible twos and she is into everything. Also DS1 being in school this year is so demanding. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time. That said they adore him and he brings such a great dynamic to the family and I feel really complete now. I am sure it will get better once we move out of this newborn stage...and then it will get worse...and then better again.
This was me! The whole DS being in preschool and also having a two year old diva made having a newborn so hectic!

It does get better! My baby is 13 months old and I am way less frazzled now than I was when she was born.