Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I have the flu :(

I know, I'm always on here complaining. I've been battling morning sickness for the last 9 weeks, I'm 15+ weeks and still throwing up and now I've got the flu on top of everything. I have a 1 year old to take care of and my husband works from 7 to 6 and then is often gone in the evening as he's doing the Salvation Army kettle and is on the board of the historical society and the arboretum. Right now he's meeting someone about Open Doors that's he's helping with in June and he's not very sympathetic. I don't know how I can keep on going and going when I'm so worn out. My baby is so attached to me that I can't give her to anyone to babysit and no one will want to come to my germy house. My mom would (she already had the flu) but she works during the day. I just wish I could stay in bed all day and not have to worry about anything. It's just getting to be too much. And then there is the terrible financial state we are in because I've been too sick to work. Please say a prayer for me if you can. I don't want much, just to feel healthy again and that the baby stays healthy.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have the flu :(

I hope you feel better soon! You might have jinxed yourself by saying you never get the flu a few weeks ago Just stay hydrated....Pedialyte for you might not be a bad idea.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got H1N1 when I was 5 mos pg with ds2. It was terrible...but I survived. Praying that you feel better soon!!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I will definitely say a prayer for you! If I wasn't pregnant as well I would totally come over and help you! Maybe when the flu is gone and the risk has passed I will come down one day for a visit and see if I can help you out some how. Feel better! Remember, you can always vent to me, I don't mind lending an ear. I complain a lot on here too lol.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
:-( I hope you're feeling better!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Sucks big time! I had pneumonia this last pregnancy at 32 weeks. I was sick for 3 weeks, and ended up on modified bed rest the rest of my pregnancy.

Please take care of yourself and get lots of rest/fluids !!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! And Steph, Ha, I'm surprised you remember me saying that. I guess I did jinx myself. I'm feeling better flu wise but ugg, morning sickness still. I'm starting to think it'll be for the whole pregnancy as I'm 16 weeks on Sunday. I hope I'll start feeling the baby move soon, maybe that will make things a little easier to be reminded that there's a little precious life in there. I hope none of you other mamas catch the flu, it's going around.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
MrsLisaT
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so sorry to hear this! That cannot be fun. I'll say a little prayer for you to have a speedy recovery!
MrsLisaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I would seriously kick my hubby's butt if he acted like that. Sure it's important to volunteer for things, but unless it's a work related committement that he can NOT get out of, he needs to be home in the evenings to help take care of his family (which should come first). I would be very upset if my hubby put volunteer things and non-required work things in front of me when I was that sick. The flu when pregnant is nothing to mess around with.