Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
She looks great! I'm glad she can see now, poor baby.

Eta. I meant poor baby that she had to get glasses so young

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 12-14-2012 at 06:00 AM.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Poppy(2yo) got her glasses today

AW! i love seeing little ones with glasses. My daughter got glasses at 12 months old and they are also a very strong prescription. She is now 4 and i cant imagine her without them. And she does look so different with them off, hers make her eyes look big too. Your daughter is just adorable!!!
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #23
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
She needs a +6 in one eye and +9 in the other. I am so glad that we took her, the doctor said that most people do not realize their children need glasses until between 7-10. I feel bad already that she has been barely seeing for 2 years.

PP-We did find those at Walmart. We are blessed to have insurance this time around after paying for many pairs for the other kids out of pocket. Walmart was one of the only local places that had frames small enough for her. The selection was not huge but I was happy with those. I usually pay close to $300 per pair so I was willing to go with those. To be honest even the fancy optical places have a lame selection for kids.
Wowzers! That's a strong prescription and a huge difference between the eyes. Holy moly! And don't feel bad. I started taking my kiddos to the optometrist at age 2 because I am extremely nearsighted (-6.5 and -7) and I want to make sure to find out right away if the kids need glasses. So far only two of them are slightly farsighted and two of them have astigmatism but no one needs glasses yet. I know a lot of people who don't take their kids to the eye doctor so you are an awesome mama to do so!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
She looks adorable! Her eyes are stunning.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #25
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

She is adorable!! Cute frames, too! Exciting times for her to see everything clearly now. I bet she will be chatting non stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
How cute! I bet she looks older. When my sister got glasses (around 6) she said, "Mommy, the leaves have veins?"
I so remember that moment. I remember being shocked at how "perfect" everything was when it wasn't such a blurry mess. It's amazing how we cope.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I hope my kids are seeing okay, I don't know how I will know otherwise! My husband had glasses very young, and very big! His mom and uncle are both blind-his mom cannot even see whether the light is on in a room or not. So my husband's vision before he had PRK was 20/400. My vision at almost 25 years old is 20/15, so I'll just hope they get MY vision!
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #27
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksMama
I hope my kids are seeing okay, I don't know how I will know otherwise! My husband had glasses very young, and very big! His mom and uncle are both blind-his mom cannot even see whether the light is on in a room or not. So my husband's vision before he had PRK was 20/400. My vision at almost 25 years old is 20/15, so I'll just hope they get MY vision!
Have they ever been to the optometrist? My parents didn't take me until it was super obvious. I didn't even realize that there was anything wrong with my eyes until I put on my new glasses. I was nine at the time and I likely had bad vision for years. Its not always glaringly obvious
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

Very cute!! Dh and I have glasses and so does our familys. I plan to take my son next january for a exam. He will be 2 1/2 then. (I didn't add him to our vision this year. I will when open enrollment comes back around) I had DH ask the eye dr yesterday when he went. He said 2 is a good age to bring them in. I know he will need glasses at some point.

I remember when I got glasses.i was in 3rd grade. I almost fell down the stairs and I remember looking at the trees and it felt like I could see threw them.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #29
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

How can they tell what se can see and can't see at that age? Is she really really verbal and able to read the charts or something? I have terrible vision, and I'm trying to understand how they fit her for a prescription vs what they do for us adults?

IE: "what line can you read?"
"and now?"
"what about now?"

"is that better or worse?"
"1...or 2?"

And so forth...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #30
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awe she looks so cute. Our DD2 has a lazy eye and has had very obvious eye problems nice was a tiny baby. She got her first glasses at 12 months. Now it is hard to imagine her without them, although I really wish that after patching multiple times, two surgeries, glasses and now bifocals, that her vision would be better than it is

But I know that we are lucky that this is the most serious problem we have had with our kids health.