Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Church Christmas tree presents

All 3 of mine have had a preference for the plain ol' Gerber and Evenflo bottles. We ended up with 12 or so and that was a good number for us.

We prefer our glass Evenflo ones, but for what you're doing, I would go with plastic. A lot of people are really apprehensive about glass and won't use it. Plus, the plastic ones will be more durable as far as breakage. We use glass at home and plastic when we're out, just in case the monster decides to throw his bottle out of the stroller. For that, we got the 3-pack of plastic Evenflo ones from K-Mart for like $4. We love them. They had some other cute ones too...Suzy's Zoo, I think.

My youngest had silent reflux that caused him a lot of trouble, but his bottles were never a problem for him.

Extended rear-facing, non-circ'ing mom to 3 rotten boys - P (9), J (almost 8)), and E (2.5)

Last edited by SPJ&E; 12-19-2012 at 12:00 PM.
SPJ&E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Church Christmas tree presents

I like the variety idea. That said, I'm partial to Dr. Brown standard size because it had preemie flow nipples available. DD couldn't handle anything faster and drop ins caused a lot of spit up for us for some odd reason. It's a pain washing them, but it works for her, she has silent reflux though that bordered on severe, a baby with no health issues would be fine with a regular bottle I guess.

I'd include a couple of each brand you choose and would suggest avent, dr. browns standard size, playtex drop ins, evenflo, nuk, and mam. They could then choose the one that works best. It was a lot of trial and error for us and it would have been nice to have a mix of bottles to try.
Happy Wife and Mom to a crazy hyper boy born 7-11-09! and a wonderful daughter born 5-3-12
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote