Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #21
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

There's nothing that could get rid of my anxiety, honestly. I am going to be anxious until this baby is born. After our loss in April and how traumatic it was for me, there is nothing that is going to make me relax about this. I only wish there was. My doctor won't be able to help with reassurance, really. I mean, yeah... he can check my cervix and tell me that everything is fine, but two weeks from now when I start having pains again, I'll wonder about it again. I just want to be at a "safe" point, where if I do have this baby early, I would be far enough along, God willing, to where this baby could live. Prematurity is now my new worry. What sucks the most is that I am only a few weeks off from the "safe" date of this little bean actually having a chance. That kills me. I just hope this isn't anything "real" and it's all normal BH crap.
I had a loss. At 10 weeks, so I do understand.

Have you consider counseling?

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #22
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pre-term labor at 19 weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I had a loss. At 10 weeks, so I do understand.

Have you consider counseling?
An excuse, maybe, but my life is too busy. I have three kids, I work on four projects from home (I work about 12 hours a day), my husband is gone for 14 hours a day working. I have no help, so wouldn't have a way to get there without kids anyway. Not to mention I do not want to go talk to someone about my problems who is just going to say, "We understand. Just pray." And then send me on my way. It's just not really worth it to me.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My BH started at 19 wks. the first time and 17 the second time. If they are not more than 4 an hour, just drink tons of water, take it easy, and try to lie on your left side as much as possible. I think you are okay to wait until Tuesday unless they get more frequent. .

That said, I was out on modified bedrest with the twins at 19 weeks because I had 11 contractions in under 2 hours at work, and I was a fingertip dilated with slight thinning. My job was very physical (nurse aide), and I was in nursing school, and I was carrying twins, so everything was just too risky. They made it to 32 weeks and did just fine.

Last edited by NeilsRene; 12-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.
NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was calling my doctor's office every week or so. They get paid to answer the phone. Maybe the nurses can help reassure you. I called them several times about BH.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #25
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

An excuse, maybe, but my life is too busy. I have three kids, I work on four projects from home (I work about 12 hours a day), my husband is gone for 14 hours a day working. I have no help, so wouldn't have a way to get there without kids anyway. Not to mention I do not want to go talk to someone about my problems who is just going to say, "We understand. Just pray." And then send me on my way. It's just not really worth it to me.
A good counselor should talk through the issues with you and ask questions. They should try to help you look at things differently. I'm with keen, it seems like something worth looking into. I am a worrier too and I understand how hard it is to shut it down. The sad thing is, there is never a point when you just "know" everything is okay. There are always things that can happen to our fetus/baby/child/adult child. You really just have to take each day as it comes and embrace it for what it is, knowing you can't change tomorrow. And really, worrying just robs you of today when your concerns will likely never come to pass. Try to hug your kiddos today and spend some time with them, relaxing and having fun. I hope you can feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #26
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally normal, after my first I've had braxton hicks starting between 12 and 16 weeks with my next 3 pregnancies. Sometimes even regular 3-4 minutes apart for over an hour, but no dilation.

I was told to call if I had more than 6 in an hour, which after 20 weeks happens to me nearly every day, but they don't cause dilation (it took me a while but I sort of figured out how those ones feel "different" even though they can still be intense at times) and only call if they don't at least slow down or get less intense after an hour.

Mention it to your ob, but it sounds completely normal and not any cause for concern to me.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I think I checked my cervix (correctly) and I am not even dilated a fingertip... so I think I am atleast okay until Tuesday... if I checked right, lololol. Leave it to me, always worrying about something!

And evidently I ate something I shouldn't have... I've vomited, violently, twice in the last hour. Wow. My morning sickness was gone at 14 weeks. I do NOT miss this! Drinking lots and lots so I don't get dehydrated, and laying down watching a movie with the kids.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw, hopefully you're feeling better. When I was 18 weeks with DD I had vertigo and it was awful. The only consultation was that I could feel her kicking like crazy each time I was sick.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote