Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sad re transaction gone wrong :(

Firstly, this is not a transaction that happened here. It's on another homeschooling website that many of you use as well...so more of a buyer beware situation.
I had purchased 4 sets of math homeschooling books about a month ago.
The seller got back to me 7 days after I paid stating they 'lost' 2 of the sets, but had the workbook for one of the sets. She issued a partial refund without asking if I still wanted any of the books & told me she'll mail it that day. I didn't get the pm till later, so I assumed she had mailed it. One week later, I sent her a message because I have not received any tracking/delivery confirmation...2 days later, she got back to me stating her kids were ill but that it'll definitely be mailed the next day. I am quite peeved by now, but decided it was okay as long as she mails it.
2 weeks after the last correspondent, I received the books, only to find out she mailed the textbook (which I had already bought & received from another website) instead of the workbook. I proceed to send another private message informing her of the mistake, but no reply (despite that she had logged on several times after getting the message).
Eventually, she responds angrily stating that I'll be dreaming if she will ever refund the return ship for this, and that she had lots going on...i.e. she's ill, baby is ill, her birthday is coming up, she has 8 kids...how many do I have, etc.
I think at this point I am done with the transaction and will just figure out a way to maybe return my original order to the retailer and keep her copy. I don't think I want to deal with her any further & am worried she will not issue a refund even after I mail the book. I attempted to contact the mods on that board, but was told they do not get involved and to just leave appropriate feedback
I know it is paypal's TOC that the buyer pay for return shipping if anything goes wrong, but am just very disappointed with all the negativity from the seller. (this was my 1st transaction on that other website).

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sad re transaction gone wrong :(

Wow, sorry this happened to you I hope you WILL leave appropriate feedback. No matter what her personal circumstances, I feel that if she can't do a decent job as a competent seller the she has no business doing BSTs And the best way to do something about that is to leave appropriate fb.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Leave feedback and see if pp would side with you on a dispute since the item you received was not what you ordered.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

She made the choice to list the items for sell. She made the choice to take your money in exchange for certain items. Her crazy home life is not an excuse for not sending you what you paid for, not shipping on time, and being rude.
I think leaving feedback is important so other moms don't have to deal with her unprofessional-ism and end up wasting time and $ with the wrong items. .

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Personally, I would and return. You'll both end up out on shipping, but she shouldn't be paid for a service she failed to provide. And nothing she sent you was what you paid for. I would also leave the biggest, fattest, Mkay detailed negative I could. Her attitude and crap dealings make for an awful experience that no one else should have to go through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I decided to eat my losses and just keep the book, posting appropriate feedback. not surprisingly, she retaliated with words like 'scammer' etc...apparently no recourse on this site. oh well, I'm relatively new there & definitely won't be buying there again. at this point, I am done with it (wasn't worth paying 3 dollars to ship a book that costs 7 dollars) and I'm not sure if she'll refund without creating even a larger stink.