Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
fetus weight gain....help!

Hi ladies! Question for you.....this past Tuesday we had an ultrasound..I was 31w4d. Baby was estimated at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc is ok with the weight as baby has been steadily growing at the same rate, although small. DH and I are just a little bit worried because we had weight "issues" when I was pregnant with our twins who were born at 34w1d and both weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces. I started at 184 in this pregnancy and am now at 182. When I went in right after Thanksgiving, I was at 185 so I gained a little and then lost again.

My question...is there anything I can do to help this babe plump up? I have GD and am on insulin so it's kinda hard to just eat, eat, eat...

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: fetus weight gain....help!

I had an U/S this Tuesday...we are due the same day, so also 31.4 weeks. My guy was at 4 lbs. 14 oz. The Dr. was okay with that too I'm also GD and on insulin My guess is you are growing a 6-7 lb babe and I am growing a 10 lber. If it is steady and proportional, I wouldn't be too worried. Maybe I should send you my NB clothes though

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I guess I'm not OVERLY worried....as long as we have healthy, it's gonna be ok..just kinda worried :-) 6-7 pounds would be fine with me.

In addition, I have not really bought much as we don't know what we're having...I'm thinking I may need to look at a few premie things :-)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

if your doc is not worried, I wouldn't be either.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My baby was estimated at 3lbs 4oz @ 30+1 weeks. She was born exactly @40wks weighing 8lbs 3oz, which goes along with the .5lb/wk growth idea. I weighed only 3lbs more on delivery day then I did prepregnancy . Id say you'll have a 6-7lber.
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyinthesun
My baby was estimated at 3lbs 4oz @ 30+1 weeks. She was born exactly @40wks weighing 8lbs 3oz, which goes along with the .5lb/wk growth idea. I weighed only 3lbs more on delivery day then I did prepregnancy . Id say you'll have a 6-7lber.
Thanks mama! That makes me feel better!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post

Thanks mama! That makes me feel better!
Np! At 32 weeks I was still 3 or 4lbs below pp weight. There were weeks I'd gain a pound and then go back the following week and have lost that pound (sometimes 2lbs.) At 38 weeks I met pp weight. Just gained that last 3 last week (delivered yesterday.)
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej View Post
I had an U/S this Tuesday...we are due the same day, so also 31.4 weeks. My guy was at 4 lbs. 14 oz. The Dr. was okay with that too I'm also GD and on insulin My guess is you are growing a 6-7 lb babe and I am growing a 10 lber. If it is steady and proportional, I wouldn't be too worried. Maybe I should send you my NB clothes though
I agree with this ^^ if doc says its okay I'd feel okay too. My ds was averaging 3.5lbs at 32 weeks and came out a week overdue at 9lbs6oz. So average weekly gain I hope I have a small babe this time around! Lol my DD was 7lbs..it was nice having a newborn, with ds he came out half grown LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, if it is ok with the doc, I wouldn't worry. I always have small babies....DD was 5lb 14oz full term (well, actually 39 weeks), and DS was 6lbs 6 oz full term (a few days shy of 40 weeks). They eventually more than made up for being small newborns by turning into fat, squishy little babies it seems like the fetus weight estimates are always off. They projected DD as being 7 lbs something - totally off.

I wish I would go a week without gaining. The scale has been steadily creeping up a bit more than I would like!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did they give you a percentile? I'm having to go twice weekly for ultraounds because one of the twins was only 3lbs5oz at 31w5d. Her brother was measuring 4lbs even. Because she was only in the 7th% they've decided to watch her more closely. Not sure if it's only because it's a twin pregnancy, though.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote