Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Update: We figured it out! : What to get 3yo boy for Christmas?

DS3 is getting:

And then either:

I ordered the little car and book thing from Lego Duplo, but then I saw the Dump Truck, so I might return the Lego Duplo.

My dad and step mom sent us Walmart gift cards for the kids. We combined them and have ordered them this to share:

We included the play food and the green grocery cart.

Thanks so much for all the advice and help!!!

God bless!

I'm stuck on what to get my DS3 for Christmas. He'll be 3 in February.

We have a ton of trains and cars. So I don't really want to add to that.

Other thoughts/ideas?

God bless!

Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 12-17-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What to get 3yo boy for Christmas?

My boys both really love building stuff so Legos (mega blocks ) or Kid Knex, Lincoln Logs... I'll think about it some more too
Marissa mama to 6
M {7.02} A {1.05} L {11.06} S {1.09} E {12.10} O {8.10.13}
dublinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
My Mood:
I'm getting mine some colored pencils and a nice sketch book, and a play cash register.
Nickel - mama to boys D 09 and F 10 and my girl H 12
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
My Mood:
We have a 3 1/2 yo DS and a 19mo DS, they basically play w the same things. We did a few Lego duplo sets, a monster truck for each we have a million but these were specifically asked for a jillion times!!!

Also play dough has boys stuff now that's pretty neat, it's like rollers and road making stuff to use with play dough so we got a few of those. They each got a sleigh, and a few fisher price imaginext Dino's. Books on Dino's and construction stuffs always good.

Something my ODS really started playing with is a Melissa and Doug magnetic white board that has small wooden magnetic shapes that you follow a pattern to make pictures with.

He also seen a Home Depot tool bench (plastic of course) so we were thinking of making a wooden one with a few craftsmen ratchets and nuts and bolts. We are done shopping though so maybe for his birthday-but if you're handy and have some scrap wood laying around that would be popular!

There are also blocks called magneto I think that are pretty cool, we have some of those and they're great for that age group but pricey. Also on QVC's website there are these toy cars that are battery opperated and they run on a flexible plastic track that glows in the dark because the cars have a black light, all of our kids an nieces and nephews LOVE it, so much that everyone's getting one this year!! Think they're like 24$

If I think of anything else ill repost-oh how about those Shliech animals at TSC? Our kids love them to! Basically a plastic animal-sometimes it's the simplest things my boys go crazy for!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama
Happy Mommax4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
My little ones love the Melissa and Doug puzzles! They're super fun for them, not too complicated, spark fun conversations and don't have a million pieces that need to be picked up
BrownCowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Registered Users
My 2 1/2 yr old is getting a nursing animal, a wool doll, a light box, some crafts and books.
Jul, This used to be a great place
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

roll playing items. Cash register, dr kit, toolbox. starting to get into simple board games, candyland, chutes and ladders, go fish.

Take apart trucks

stacker pegs

magnet set (this I would recommend opening and setting up beforehand. have to attached the magnets to the wooden pieces.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ds is huge into superheros and cooking. He is getting some new play food since all our kitchen stuff is left from when dd1 got it at age 2. He also loves playdough. He isn't big into cars, trains or legos at this time.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
My DD1 is almost 3 and loves "boy" things. Some things she is getting are: plasma car, games like Candy Land and Hungry Hippos, Melissa and Doug puzzles, and a rocking horse. We are also looking at some Plan Toys city things like the fire station and a soccer goal for the backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm going to agree with Lego Duplos! Open ended, creativity encouraging, timeless, and FUN!

Also, what about an adjustable basketball goal like Little Tikes?
Heather - happily married to Adam since 2003 - homeschooling mama to Wyatt (9/04), Levi (9/06), Ryleigh (12/07), and Amelia (12/09)
hac1224 is offline   Reply With Quote