Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #1451
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Yeah, I went back through my pics- he had just turned one. I had some giant crayons- I haven't been able to find them in the stores- not sure they make them anymore, but he uses new ones that are triangular instead of round! And they are washable- just wipe with water!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #1452
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:


Caden's first coloring! At 1 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #1453
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,000
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Aww!!! Cute!

They still make the giant triangular crayons. I've seen them. I actually got Rylee the twistables. She has a tendency to break the regular crayons. She hasn't broken one of these yet.

Will kool-aid stain even if diluted in a bath tub full of water?
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1454
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,742
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post


Caden's first coloring! At 1 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
He is so cute!!! I'll have to look for those. Now I need to go to Target again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
Aww!!! Cute!

They still make the giant triangular crayons. I've seen them. I actually got Rylee the twistables. She has a tendency to break the regular crayons. She hasn't broken one of these yet.

Will kool-aid stain even if diluted in a bath tub full of water?
Great!!

Like fill the bathtub up and dump a packet of Kool Aid in? If your tub is white I would be afraid!
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #1455
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,000
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Yeah, fill it up and dump the packet in. It's more of an off white yellow weirdness.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #1456
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
I'm not sure about the kool aid dye. I'm afraid it will stain the skin, which is why I haven't tried any colored bath time.

Yes they make triangular crayons, but remember those giant round ones? They are bigger than the new triangle shaped ones. Haven't seen them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #1457
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,742
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Ok.. I gotta know- is the Kool Aid just for fun to color the water? I think it may stain the skin too. I know when I've dyed things with it it stains my skin but it's much more concentrated.
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1458
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,000
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
I'm not sure about the kool aid dye. I'm afraid it will stain the skin, which is why I haven't tried any colored bath time.

Yes they make triangular crayons, but remember those giant round ones? They are bigger than the new triangle shaped ones. Haven't seen them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Oh, duh. I totally read your post wrong.

And, I've used the crayola color drops in the tub and those haven't stained anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
Ok.. I gotta know- is the Kool Aid just for fun to color the water? I think it may stain the skin too. I know when I've dyed things with it it stains my skin but it's much more concentrated.
Yeah, it's just for fun. And for the smell.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #1459
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,742
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
Oh, duh. I totally read your post wrong.

And, I've used the crayola color drops in the tub and those haven't stained anything.



Yeah, it's just for fun. And for the smell.
The smell... I love the cherry!!!
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #1460
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama

The smell... I love the cherry!!!
Try it & let us know if Rylee comes out a different color! But I'd be worried about her hair getting dyed too- her hair is pretty light right?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.