Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #11
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
It is hard to function with so little sleep. Which is why we sit in front of the tv so much.

This morning we are up early, bc when Caden woke up at 4am DH gave him an OreoAnd stuck his iPhone in his face! Whose going to sleep with chocolate & a show in their face?! Then he wonders why he isn't going to back sleep?! And now I'm the one up & will pay with a cranky toddler all day who didn't get enough sleep!

This is why DH & I argue all the time, bc he doesn't think & he is a push over parent. I always have to be the bad guy & lay down the law. I'm sick of it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
It is hard to function with so little sleep. Which is why we sit in front of the tv so much.

This morning we are up early, bc when Caden woke up at 4am DH gave him an OreoAnd stuck his iPhone in his face! Whose going to sleep with chocolate & a show in their face?! Then he wonders why he isn't going to back sleep?! And now I'm the one up & will pay with a cranky toddler all day who didn't get enough sleep!

This is why DH & I argue all the time, bc he doesn't think & he is a push over parent. I always have to be the bad guy & lay down the law. I'm sick of it!

I know I wouldn't sleep if I was were him with that in my face. Do you use white noise in his room? We turn a radio to static for Rylee. I used it to drown out noise and such. It helps a lot.

I feel like I'm always the bad guy here too. I seem to be the one doing all the punishment and not fun parent stuff and since he works, he gets all the fun play time.

We're having an awful day here. She's so whiny and not listening. She's pushing every button. Then I get angry and yell and then she cries and then I cry. It's just a bad day. DH left at 7:15 this morning and won't be home until 8:30 or so, so he left before she woke and will be home after she's already in bed. I loathe days like this. They happen at least once a week.

DH's cousin is coming over this afternoon for a play date. She has a son 8 months younger than Rylee. Hopefully after nap time we'll be in better moods.

I hope your day isn't as bad as ours. In an attempt to cool off we're camped in front of the TV watching The Aristocats on Netflix.

Last edited by pine_apple_goat; 12-18-2012 at 08:45 AM.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat

I know I wouldn't sleep if I was were him with that in my face. Do you use white noise in his room? We turn a radio to static for Rylee. I used it to drown out noise and such. It helps a lot.

I feel like I'm always the bad guy here too. I seem to be the one doing all the punishment and not fun parent stuff and since he works, he gets all the fun play time.

We're having an awful day here. She's so whiny and not listening. She's pushing every button. Then I get angry and yell and then she cries and then I cry. It's just a bad day. DH left at 7:15 this morning and won't be home until 8:30 or so, so he left before she woke and will be home after she's already in bed. I loathe days like this. They happen at least once a week.

DH's cousin is coming over this afternoon for a play date. She has a son 8 months younger than Rylee. Hopefully after nap time we'll be in better moods.

I hope your day isn't as bad as ours. In an attempt to cool off we're camped in front of the TV watching The Aristocats on Netflix.
Sounds like my day. Caden fell back to sleep around 8:50. But woke up at 9:45 . I was asleep. I tried to get him to lay in bed with me & watch tv. But he threw a fit & I ended up with a fat lip. Then I lost all control.

Now my mom is over, but Caden is being clingy- so it's not really helping...

Hopefully we can both get a good nap & have a better afternoon.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Sounds like my day. Caden fell back to sleep around 8:50. But woke up at 9:45 . I was asleep. I tried to get him to lay in bed with me & watch tv. But he threw a fit & I ended up with a fat lip. Then I lost all control.

Now my mom is over, but Caden is being clingy- so it's not really helping...

Hopefully we can both get a good nap & have a better afternoon.

Oh man, I wouldn't have been happy.

Can you just give him to your mom and walk away or will he freak?

Good luck getting a nap. I've got about 35 minutes until I put Rylee down. Then I'm climbing in bed and zonking out.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Oh man, I wouldn't have been happy.

Can you just give him to your mom and walk away or will he freak?

Good luck getting a nap. I've got about 35 minutes until I put Rylee down. Then I'm climbing in bed and zonking out.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oops. I sent a blank reply.

My mom helped a bit. But now she left so we can nap

Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Oops. I sent a blank reply.

My mom helped a bit. But now she left so we can nap

Sleep tight!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
You too

Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So, how did it go? Your day any better? Ours got a bit better after nap time. The play date went well. They played pretty well together. No one cried because of the other. So that's a win.

We still have 2.5 hours until DH gets home. Which sucks but oh well, we'll survive.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
So, how did it go? Your day any better? Ours got a bit better after nap time. The play date went well. They played pretty well together. No one cried because of the other. So that's a win.

We still have 2.5 hours until DH gets home. Which sucks but oh well, we'll survive.
Um, Caden could have napped longer, but he didn't go to sleep until 1pm so it was almost 3 by the time he woke up.

The afternoon was better. I'm still dragging of course. When am I not?

Giving Caden a bath now & DH just left work so depending on traffic he could be home anywhere between 7:30 & 8pm

Hoping to get Caden to bed earlyish