Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Emberly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Trying to figure out what's going to work for us...

Okay, so I've got a new baby girl coming in February. I had originally planned to skip the newbie seat and go straight to a convertible. That is, until I heard about the Graco Click Connect 40. I love that I can buy it, and not really have to worry about transitioning her until well over a year. I know it won't work with my stroller, but that doesn't really bother me, since I plan on babywearing more this time around. I mostly like that I'll be able to put her in her little bucket seat, bundle blankets on top, and put her in the car in the cold February air, instead of carrying out a bundled up baby, unbundling, and sticking her in a cold car seat. So if anyone has anything to add on that seat, then please do!

We also have another daughter who will turn 3 in May. This February we bought a Graco All-in-One since it had a 45lb RF limit, and I really wanted to keep her RF as long as possible. She's somewhere around 25lbs and 35 inches. She ended up riding FF for the first time on her second birthday, because she had thrown up 3 times from getting car sick on the way to her well baby check up. If we ever have to go somewhere early and she is RF she always gets car sick and pukes everywhere. I feel SO bad for her, and especially bad, because we have to FF more often. I love the AIO, because it has a stay in base, and it is SUPER easy to switch between rear and forward facing. That means, that she can still be RF some of the time, like when we leave the house later in the day, or are coming home at night. I feel so guilty for FFing her, but I know I can't let her feel bad all day from getting car sick. I was planning on investing in a skinnier seat for her, like a Radian, to help make room in the back of our vehicle (a Mercury Mariner, very similar to a Ford Escape), but I know that if we do that, it will end up being installed FF and staying that way. I'm so torn on what to do. I just want my girlies to be as safe as possible. =/

Also, I have to have easy to install seats. Hubby and I get easily frustrated with them, and he just takes my word for what is right. He won't actually read the manual himself to figure it out. I love the seat belt lock off on the AIO. We had a MyRide before the AIO, but it was such a beast to install. We didn't ever feel like we got it tight enough.

I know this is long and rambly, but any input is appreciated.

Advertisement

Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to figure out what's going to work for us...

Infant seat vs. convertible is such a personal preference thing. If you like the Click Connect (and I've read good things) then go with it, especially since you have what I'm assuming is the Smart Seat that can be passed down later. I would probably do the CC40, and keep doing what you're doing with the SS. RF her when you can, and turn her around when you can't. You've made it to 2, which is great! When baby needs a convertible, pass the SS down and get her a good combo seat.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Emberly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to figure out what's going to work for us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
Infant seat vs. convertible is such a personal preference thing. If you like the Click Connect (and I've read good things) then go with it, especially since you have what I'm assuming is the Smart Seat that can be passed down later. I would probably do the CC40, and keep doing what you're doing with the SS. RF her when you can, and turn her around when you can't. You've made it to 2, which is great! When baby needs a convertible, pass the SS down and get her a good combo seat.
I think the CC40 is going to be what we like best. I just wish the bases weren't so huge. I'm going to have to put a kid beside each window, which will leave pretty much no room in the middle. I'm so used to riding in the back with my 2.5 year old, and now I doubt there will be room. I'm hoping to buy the baby car seat soon, so we install it and have a couple of test runs before she gets here.
Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote