Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Leviswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Early in pg and sick

I am a little less than 4 weeks and our whole family came down with something last night. I don't know if its a virus or if it was food poisoning, but we still are feeling bad this morning. I am feeling cramps because I know I'm not drinking enough. When do indeed to worry about fluid intake?

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early in pg and sick

Keep up your fluids - it is essential for both the pregnancy and getting over the virus. If need be, go to the ER for IV fluids. I did it with my second at 8 weeks when I got the flu, don't mess around with dehydration.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

I hope you feel better being sick is aweful especially when you're pregnant. Curious though, how on earth do you know that you are pregnant already when you aren't even four weeks yet? I didn't think you could get a positive test before six weeks
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Keep hydrated otherwise seek help like other person said. In general dehydration isn't any fun let alone pregnant.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
I hope you feel better being sick is aweful especially when you're pregnant. Curious though, how on earth do you know that you are pregnant already when you aren't even four weeks yet? I didn't think you could get a positive test before six weeks
I found out a couple days before 5 weeks. Totally possible. Test was dark, too. Not even light. I probably could have taken a test at 4 weeks, and it may have been positive. Just depends on how fast HCG rises and all.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
I found out a couple days before 5 weeks. Totally possible. Test was dark, too. Not even light. I probably could have taken a test at 4 weeks, and it may have been positive. Just depends on how fast HCG rises and all.
wow that's cool. I wish my body worked that fast
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I found out at a little over 3 weeks, if you ovulate around day 14-ish and get a positive at say 8-9 days past ovulation, it's 3w1d or 3w2d
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stay hydrated and get lots of rest.

You can find out pretty early on these days.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi
I found out before 4 weeks. I have fairly short cycles. If I woman has a textbook 28-day cycle (which no one's are exactly the same) and she tested around her period due date, she would be right around 4 weeks.

OP, if you can't get some fluids down and get the cramping stopped, I would go to the ER or urgent care and get fluids. I hope you all feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I've found out with both my last babies when I was 3 1/2 weeks. I normally have a 30 day cycle, but O on 17 or 18, so when I test a couple days before af is due, I'm only a week and a half from O (plus 2 weeks for how pregnancy is calculated=3 1/2 weeks). I'm not considered 4 weeks until a few days after af is due.

Op, sorry you're not feeling well. I agree, if you're not able to get ough fuids down, you should go to the er for fluids. Dehydration is no good