Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Where Do Your Kids Play

When your kids are doing independent play where do your kids play? Living room, playroom/bedroom?

My kids have all their toys in their bedroom but HAVE to be on top of us in the living room. We try to encourage them to spend some time playing with their toys in their room, but they end up right back out on top of us. They are 3 and 4. Is that too young for that type of play? Where do your kids play and their ages.

My oldest was one to play with toys both in his room and the living room at this age.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where Do Your Kids Play

they run all over the house lol. they play in the back yard, make forts in the kitchen, playdoh in the office, drag blocks out to the living room. pretty much they dont play in their room lol
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

LOL - okay so it isn't just me. Mine are all over the house and rarely not in a room that I am not in. They like to be right on me...LOL!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Mine have just recently at the ages of 7, 10, and 11 decided to play for a brief time in their room. Alot of the time they are still right on top of me.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
they run all over the house lol. they play in the back yard, make forts in the kitchen, playdoh in the office, drag blocks out to the living room. pretty much they dont play in their room lol
This!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

right under my feet and with kitchen utensils or things that are not 'toys'.

but, we have a 2story house, so the majority of toys are downstairs in a cubby area of the living room. Some toys are in her bedroom and those toys are generally played with while we're upstairs before nap or bedtime. The rest of the time, I prefer her to be on the same story as me.

but she's only 2, so independent play is like 10minutes a day.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think independent play depends on the child. Left to her own devices, my 4 year old can amuse herself for about an hour or possibly more if her needs have been met. Then again, she has always been like that, probably since she was around 2 ish. Obviously the length of time has increased, but when I was pregnant and so sick poor thing really had to amuse herself, since I could just barely feed her lunch and change her dirties. I tried very hard not to lean on TV back then, and Gigi did reasonably well, although I suspect it is her temperament and not anything I did.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wherever. They are allowed to play in the toyroom, living room and at the dinning room table. Nice weather they can go outside.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Zanocz
Registered Users
seller

The living room, but thats where all their toys are and where we spend most of our time!
Zanocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

We go back and forth between their room and the living room. Usually their room is reserved for when mommy needs a break with the baby. They can play great in their room alone.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote