Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

I wore a sports bra every time. I'm a very modest person, but the only people there were my dh and midwife, and they had both seen my lady parts anyway so it really didn't matter. LOL!

Advertisement

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I labor and birth nude. I shed clothing as labor progresses.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I labored nude with dd. I had the air on full blast and was SOOOO HOT! I threw my gown off just before pushing and one of the nurses said she wished she could do the same.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29
I labored nude with dd. I had the air on full blast and was SOOOO HOT! I threw my gown off just before pushing and one of the nurses said she wished she could do the same.
I could see me doing this!! I'm always cold but before I got my positive I was hot!!
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wore a stretchy sports bra. It looked a lot like a swim suit top. I had to get out for pushing and wanted something that would be easy to get off (I can't stand having wet clothes on). I transferred to a nursing bra & gown.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wore a lycra sports/nursing bra.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I saw someone wearing a pregnancy/ belly band as a tube top in the tub and thought that would be pretty perfect if you want something covering up your breasts.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #18
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

At my hospital they have whirl pool tubs you can go in for labour but not birth in. It was only my husband and sometimes a nurse and it was in a bathroom in the private room which the lights off so it seemed weird to have a top on. Anyway they're looking at your hoo haa. I did cover my chest with the wash cloth though to keep myself warm and for a little modesty. I kept floating up and so my chest wasn't under water. Oh, I wish I could soak in a large warm tub right now.
Maybe bring a sports bra type top or bathing suit top and then you decide if you want to use it or not at the time. But modesty and birth are kinda oxymorons. Everyone's looking between your legs and after the baby's born you're taking out your boob for it to nurse and people are helping you get the baby to latch and you're being cleaned up. Well, it's just not very modest. It was a little uncomfortable to be so exposed for me (I didn't even want to watch in the mirror because I didn't want to think about what everyone else was looking at) but you're just so focused on labour and the baby that it's not totally registering. It also depends on whose in the room. If I had my mom there or something, I think I'd want to be more covered. But I only like my husband there and then nurses and whoever is doing the birth. This gives me more privacy so I feel less need to cover up.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 12-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I just wore a sports bra or a bathing suit
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

i only birthed in hospital once. And when I did, I started with a gown, trying to be all modest. And then I got pretty miffed and ripped the dang thing off. I walked around nude, and I did NOT care. (I was really unhappy with the way I was being treated, so I think that had something to do with it) I labored in the tub, but was forced to push and deliver on the bed, on my back. I was told I "had" to put the gown back on, as I was being moved from the tub to the bed for pushing/delivery. I am not sure why.

Anyway, my next two, I also labored/delivered in tubs (except at home both times, no hospital) and I was also naked.

I've discovered after 3 births that I labor better naked. It just feels more natural. I can move my body however I want, and I can really concentrate on my movement and the baby's movement, and the contractions, etc., and not worry about if my shirt is caught on something, or if something is hugging my belly too tight, etc. I feel more free to birth my way w/o clothes. It probably has a lot to do with my psyche b/c the rest of the time in my life, I am very modest. So maybe being naked helps me feel "free" and open up to birth.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote