Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why I LOVE my kids.....

Let's try this again. There is a time and place for rational discussion about how to prevent tragedy. Here is NOT that pace. Tell me why your kids made you smile today, or yesterday or last week. Today my 5 year old ds jumped up and down with excitement because yds was awake from his nap. He loves his baby brother so much it makes my heart swell.

Ok go!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why I LOVE my kids.....

I played the Portable North Pole video for my 5 year old daughter and her mouth dropped wide open and her eyes got HUGE and she looked at me in amazement when Santa said "I know a lot about you! You're 5 years old aren't you?"

My 2 year old gives me a big hug every day and tells me he loves me more than chocolate ice cream

My 7 year old told me how excited he is to be a big brother again.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS started crawling yesterday! He has been able for a while, but yesterday and today he really took off! He followed me through the whole house! I can't believe he is already 8 months old!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae
I played the Portable North Pole video for my 5 year old daughter and her mouth dropped wide open and her eyes got HUGE and she looked at me in amazement when Santa said "I know a lot about you! You're 5 years old aren't you?"

My 2 year old gives me a big hug every day and tells me he loves me more than chocolate ice cream

My 7 year old told me how excited he is to be a big brother again.
More than chocolate ice cream? That's like to the moon and back lol. I love how much magic Christmas brings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts
DS started crawling yesterday! He has been able for a while, but yesterday and today he really took off! He followed me through the whole house! I can't believe he is already 8 months old!
He must have been so proud of himself following mama around!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When my son wakes up in the morning, he makes noise to get my attention and if I put my hand on the edge of his bed he kisses it. Love waking up to kisses!
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncegrl
When my son wakes up in the morning, he makes noise to get my attention and if I put my hand on the edge of his bed he kisses it. Love waking up to kisses!
That is so sweet
Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just now, I was watering the Christmas tree. I use an empty wine bottle to water the tree as it makes it very easy to get the water only in the tree stand, and it makes a very distinct "Glug, glug, glug..." noise. DS 7 was in the room, and he looked at me, kneeling under the tree, glugging away, and said, "Mum? What are you doing?" When I said I was watering the tree he laughed and said, "I thought you were kneeling under the tree going, 'Tsk, tsk, tsk' trying to get a chipmunk to come out!"

We have had a lovely, relaxing weekend with our kids and I was thankful every time I got to snuggle and hug them.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last night we went to a wedding reception, and we stayed until after the dancing started so that our son (2 1/2 years old) could dance a little bit. And oh boy, did he ever! He is so funny and was living it up on the dance floor. My BIL got a video of it, too, thankfully. I watched it multiple times today because it just cracked me up.

He's been a pain in the butt lately, but he's also so funny and so smart. I love his sense of humor.

DD (4 1/2 months) has been very talkative and smiley. She's going through a clingy/fussy phase right now, but that means she wants lots of snuggles, which is always nice.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I love that when we put up the tree (which we did today), they love that we make it a family affair and they want to know and talk about the history behind all the ornaments. It doesn't matter that the older ones know it all already -- they still want to go through it every year.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last night I was putting DS to bed, he is 2. After we read stories, I hum to him and he falls asleep. Last night he pops his head up, pushes my head to the pillow and says "head down Mommy", so I laid down. Then he gently runs his hand down my face and says "close eyes, we cuddle", so I did then he started to sing Twinkle Twinkle. I then realized he was trying to help me go to sleep like I do to him... AWW! As he was singing, he was gently rubbing my cheek. Then he must have gotten tired, rolled over and fell fast asleep. It was adorable