Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
any remedies for stomach virus?

im thinking prob not, but i thought i would check! it looks like we have a very nasty 24 hour bug going around and i hate to watch my kids suffer!

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
patooty
Registered Users
seller

Re: any remedies for stomach virus?

oil of oregano

Homeschooling, Above Rubies reading, :bf support, semi- crunchy, selective- vaxing, family bed, home birthing, AP mama to 5 princesses, 1 intact prince and some gone before us. Recovered addict to I live here : I water birthed unassisted by choice to birthday triplets
patooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what does it do?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I've noticed if they eat a lot a few hours after throwing up, it's much more likely to be thrown up again. So, I let them have a few crackers and try to discourage them from eating for as long as possible. I feel like it gives their stomachs time to heal a little. I'll also let them have small sips of gatorade (or 7up) to keep them hydrated, I just buy colorless or yellow gatorade in case it all comes back up on my carpet.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my ds's are throwing up about 4 times an hour, without eating and having just a sip of water a few times an hour to keep hydrated. there isnt much to come up, if anything, yet they still keep throwing up. : (
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13
my ds's are throwing up about 4 times an hour, without eating and having just a sip of water a few times an hour to keep hydrated. there isnt much to come up, if anything, yet they still keep throwing up. : (
My boys and I had that stomach virus. Watch for signs of dehydration, but limiting stuff in their stomachs beside water and oral rehydration fluids is the best course of action.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Urgh. Oh I feel your pain. Me and DH had this when I was 2 mos post partum. It was absolute torture. I lost 6 lbs in 24 hrs.

For me, personally, apple juice has always stopped me from vomiting. I have NO idea why, I do not know why it works, but it always has, since I was a little girl, throwing up in the back of our car on a road trip.

Just tiny, tiny, tiny sips, (just enough to wet my tongue) of cool (not COLD) apple juice. A little at a time, sometimes through a straw. Real apple juice, not the "tots" kind (funky taste), and not from concentrate. Nearly always stops me from throwing up, no matter what nasty bug I have.

You could try it.

Maybe seabands? I don't have any idea if that would help either.

But I totally feel your pain. I couldn't read and not offer anything.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Urgh. Oh I feel your pain. Me and DH had this when I was 2 mos post partum. It was absolute torture. I lost 6 lbs in 24 hrs.

For me, personally, apple juice has always stopped me from vomiting. I have NO idea why, I do not know why it works, but it always has, since I was a little girl, throwing up in the back of our car on a road trip.

Just tiny, tiny, tiny sips, (just enough to wet my tongue) of cool (not COLD) apple juice. A little at a time, sometimes through a straw. Real apple juice, not the "tots" kind (funky taste), and not from concentrate. Nearly always stops me from throwing up, no matter what nasty bug I have.

You could try it.

Maybe seabands? I don't have any idea if that would help either.

But I totally feel your pain. I couldn't read and not offer anything.
Thanks mama
ds Jace is just getting over it today and then Bastian got it. Somehow he is actually sleeping so maybe he'll get some rest tonight. Jace didn't even sleep the other night because he couldn't stop
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain. The bug going through our house involves 3-4 hours of dry heaves because they're so emptybut their tummy can't stop. Luckily it is short lived (they are their normal perky self in less than 24 hours). We actually find not letting them even sip any liquid helps with how violent they puke. I don't worry too much about dehydration because it is so short lived otherwise itwould be horrid. My kids beg for liquids and once they are finally allowed to drink freely they chug anything you put in front of them.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote