Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many prefolds do I need to diapers a nb for 2-3 days?

Thank you everyone, I never thought of some of the things you brought up. i like the idea of using the large prefolds as burp rags my last two had really bad reflux. I also have about 13 kissaluv contours I was going to have as my daddy diapers and going out with cloth diapers. How many covers for each size would I need? Im going mostly with bummis aplix covers and would like to get a few os sized rumparooz covers too. Oh and with mostly covers and prefolds for my ds who is almost three I do two loads of laundry if the bag is almost full to make sure my diapers are clean.

Advertisement

Last edited by Anna0623; 12-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
NB diapers are pretty small. I didn't have any issues with my diapers comeing clean washing every third day. There were 2 days worth of diapers in the wash.
This. They are so tiny, I washed every 3.5 days with no problems whatsoever. I had 45?ish newbie dipes, so each load had maybe 36, plus wipes and covers.

Last edited by Melinda29; 12-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna0623 View Post
Thank you everyone, I never thought of some of the things you brought up. i like the idea of using the large prefolds as burp rags my last two had really bad reflux. I also have about 13 kissaluv contours I was going to have as my daddy diapers and going out with cloth diapers. How many covers for each size would I need? Im going mostly with bummis aplix covers and would like to get a few os sized rumparooz covers too. Oh and with mostly covers and prefolds for my ds who is almost three I do two loads of laundry if the bag is almost full to make sure my diapers are clean.
If you have a reguar old toploader, then you can do a full pail liner worth of dipes in one load. They clean best if there are enough dipes to rub against each other in the machine, so 2/3 full machine is ideal.
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually got infant size ososcosy prefolds for burp cloths for #1 and didn't really like using the as burp cloths, mostly because they were too thick and too much material for wiping mouths a such. I loved using the Gerber organic prefolds as burp cloths (i can't imagine using the as diapers) they are a good size, bigger than the infant size, and thin and soft and absorbent. Plus they don't get confused with the diapers.

For #2 the infant osocosy are going to be diapers instead of burp cloths and I'm getting another pack of the gerber organic ones for burp cloths. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B005J0MFYK
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-17-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote