Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Red face Late night snacks?

What do you eat? I know I need to break the habit of staying up late and it will cease to be a problem but for now I get a little hungry about 3-4 hrs after dinner. I'm struggling with the thought process that I don't really need to eat because I ate a good dinner, but I won't be able to sleep if my tummy's growling. Hot cocoa or tea seems to help but should I be eating a protein instead of trying to avoid the calories? What's better burn-wise? I just worked out (HARD-P90x pylometrics) before dinner so I guess I should have eaten more.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dannon key lime greek yogurt (YUM) or an apple w/peanut butter... I have gestational diabetes so i have to have some protein in my snacks...
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Late night snacks?

Go with a low cal high protien snack like hard boiled egg whites, or scrambled egg whites. It will fill you up, but its not calorie heavy.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it. That idea of eating late causing weight gain is a myth.

Choose something healthy and eat it. Whole grain crackers, a protein bar, apples and peanut butter, unbuttered popcorn, a smoothie.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad
A calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it. That idea of eating late causing weight gain is a myth.

Choose something healthy and eat it. Whole grain crackers, a protein bar, apples and peanut butter, unbuttered popcorn, a smoothie.
Well, it is a myth and it isn't at the same time. The reason "late night" eating causes weight gain is because most people have already eaten their days' worth of calories by supper time, so if you're eating late at night you are probably eating extra calories. If you eat small portions throughout the day and havent met your daily recommended allotment, eating at night isn't going to cause weight gain.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, at that point I've technically eaten everything I *need* for that day and I don't really need the calories or I shouldn't need them. I can do hard boiled eggs, I have chickens. I'll try that.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs
Yeah, at that point I've technically eaten everything I *need* for that day and I don't really need the calories or I shouldn't need them. I can do hard boiled eggs, I have chickens. I'll try that.
I can't sleep unless I eat at night, so I usually have while wheat toast with crunchy peanut butter. I look forward to it all day :-)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Doesnt your metabolism slow down at night?

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
abbmom
Registered Users
seller

If I get hungry before bed I usually eat some ham or cottage cheese and a banana (because they're supposed to help you sleep). Sometimes, it just seems to make me hungrier though.
abbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My night time snacks include: imitation crab meat, rice cakes, cheese sticks, apple with peanut butter, cereal, not all in the same night though