Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
jensben
Registered Users
seller

Could anyone give me some speed tips?

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my 5th boy (oldest is 9)...I need some tips on efficiency! I looove CDing but totally burned out with my last 2 babies.

Please help me prepare to make it work this time! I'm planning to use GMD
prefolds and Kissaluv 0s.

TIA!!

Advertisement

jensben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Could anyone give me some speed tips?

I don't bother spraying ebf poop or peanutbutter poop. So far so good. Ds2 is 18 months. Any soaking I need to do is done in the washer overnight. This way the machine is available when I need it and not occupied with cloth diapers. Start out with a nice strong detergent. Most "cloth safe" detergents just don't seem to work well cleaning diapers. They preserve your diapers along with the nice aroma of ammonia.

Washing problems may be short circuited if you figure out now what water type you have before problems crop up. That way you can determine a washing routine that works for your water type ahead of time.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm confused as to what you mean by efficiency? If you wanted to make it easier would a AIO/AI2 work for you?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaper straight out of the clothes basket?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe don't stress about washing. Starting the washing machine before going to bed and starting the dryer first thing in the morning works! diapers don't have to be folded organised before putting them away (unless using flats I would assume)....
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
jensben
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Washing problems may be short circuited if you figure out now what water type you have before problems crop up. That way you can determine a washing routine that works for your water type ahead of time.
Yes, this has derailed me in the past! We have suuuuper hard water and hubbie and I give up fast if the diapers start to stink. I just don't know how to stop it from happening.

I like the laundry ideas, too.

Keep 'em coming!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensben View Post
Yes, this has derailed me in the past! We have suuuuper hard water and hubbie and I give up fast if the diapers start to stink. I just don't know how to stop it from happening.

I like the laundry ideas, too.

Keep 'em coming!
Hard water probably mean more soap with extra rinse... i think.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

What's your current stash? What things about cloth diapering did you think were time consuming when you did it in the past?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

What are you washing with? For me the efficiency is having stuff that I know works and a wash routine that I know works every single time. This time around I need fast so basic fitteds with snaps under wool or a dappi cover, BGE or 3.0 stuffed with a flat for the diaper bag and Flip organics for nights. Tide Free powder, occasionally bleach then everything in the dryer.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
jensben
Registered Users
seller

I think last time I just wasn't prepared...didn't have enough dipes...and then was at Costco and bought a big box of disposables for 'back-up' and then...well, it was all over. : )

The hard water thing also got me off track. I'm currently using just the Kirkland brand regular detergent, but a friend gave me some RLR so I treated all my diapers with that. They used to stink like ammonia when Baby wet.

This time, I am also trying to build up my stash of size smalls. I know that after the newborn stage, I won't have time to research what to buy for the next stage so I'm trying to do that now when I have extra time...plus it's so fun!!