Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

A couple months ago right when I was running out of Tide and washed a load of diapers in Kirkland detergent our diapers smelled funny. I couldn't describe the stink and my husband claimed he couldn't smell it. I tried a billion rinses and re washed that load about 5 times - nothing worked.

Fast forward to present day and I've used Tide, bleach, RLR, Country Save, even our other detergent (Ecos) and the smell keeps coming and going. We do have ammonia problems on and off, but I feel like I'm not crazy now because my husband could smell it! I washed our brand new Elementals with our diaper load and when they can out of the dryer he said they smelled like how a wet wool army uniform smells! What is this smell and how can I get rid of it! I'm losing my mind

Advertisement

Last edited by Dancy Baby; 12-17-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried washing with a little bleach? Hopefully that will kick the smell. We've had stink with everything but liquid Tide so I refuse to ever try anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Yep, tried bleach, vinegar.....I think pretty much everything. Tons of tide, lots I rinses, lol. It's horrible!
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

How much bleach are you using? For a half or 2/3 load I use about 1/4 cup, full load I use 1/2 cup. Also, Tide has been known to actually cover up stink so that could be why you noticed the smell after using something different. I've received a few diapers from FSOT that smelled fine until I washed them with Gain (I use it for all laundry). Not everyone has that problem with Tide, but quite a few do.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote