Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #31
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More week of December 17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could join the board. I hope OP got someone to take on the board duties. I used to do the ATTS every day board, and it was tough.

Over in TTC, I just have gotten a bit disheartened since we have been trying on and off for a second baby since August 2011. I see a couple of former ATTS'ers here ... hi girls! I seem to be ovulating, but no pregnancies, failed or kept. Don't know why.

Screen name (Real Name): hokoonchi (Camilla)
Children and ages: Sam, 2 years old, potty training (!)
Losses: six weeks, 12/10
Diagnosis: Endometriosis on right ovary, dermoid tumor on left ovary, vulvodynia. Surgery 2/12. Birth control for five months to heal and regulate cycles.
Treatments now: Evening primrose oil
Cycles TTC another: 1.5 years (on and off of birth control due to doctor's orders) trying to conceive a second.
Next appointment: None at this time. Will be seeing a doctor about my fertility if something doesn't happen in the next six months. Will likely pursue IUI.

Wishing everyone here luck. I hate endometriosis. Hugs to everyone.
Welcome!

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi all! Good good luck to everyone this cycle. 2013 is sure to bring good things!

Question... I am fairly certain I ovulate regularly (positive OPKs). For those of you who ovulate on your own, what routes do you take to increase fertility?

TIA!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
Hi all! Good good luck to everyone this cycle. 2013 is sure to bring good things!

Question... I am fairly certain I ovulate regularly (positive OPKs). For those of you who ovulate on your own, what routes do you take to increase fertility?

TIA!
Not entirely sure, since most fertility drugs are designed to stimulate ovulation. When in your cycle do you ovulate? Have you had it confirmed by ultrasound that your OPKs are right? (ie, you really are ovulating- I have had a positive opk but the ultrasound showed I didn't O). And then almost as important have you had DH tested. If you are actually Oing at the right time, and your timing is awesome, it could be a sperm issue. There's just a lot going on at once, so I don't know that there is a good answer for what increases fertility without having a direction to look. If you are looking for natural ideas, I know lots of people use maca, wild yam (mexican), soy isoflavanoids, raspberry leaf tea, and a few other things for different effect. I have used Maca and raspberry leaf, and the maca does increase ovulation for me, but I'm still unable to carry a pregnancy. The raspberry is suppose to help strengthen uterine lining. And I know there is something else to help progesterone but I can't remember what right now. I think it's one of the B vitamins that help lengthen out the luteal phase. There are lots of "fertility" supplements out there. I've tried lots of them, but obviously none have worked for me so I can't personally speak as to their effectiveness, but I'm sure some folks with less complicated issues that I'm dealing with have had success or there wouldn't be so much information out there about it. Like I said, lots of info out there, it's a matter of what you need help with. As for actual meds, that has more to do with what your Dr. finds when they start running there tests.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #34
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Can I get some advice on what to do this upcoming cycle? AF is due on January 4th based on when I O'd (it would be awesome if she didn't show, but if she does...) our plan for next cycle as of right now is 100 mg of clomid and 5 mg of femara and then IUI. I am starting to rethink doing meds and IUI this cycle. I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready for it. I've kind of mentioned this to dh and he got pretty upset with me over it. His feeling is (and I feel the same way sort of) that we should maximize our time the next 2 months since we've heard you are most fertile in the 3 months following a loss. Also, we have a health savings plan that we are using to pay for the treatments that takes a fee every month, so the longer we wait to use it the less we have.
I'm just afraid that taking clomid and the stress of the appointments is going to be too much for me to handle. I feel like I'm still struggling with feelings of grief, which I think is still normal (its only been 3 weeks since our loss) DH keeps suggesting that I get on an antidepressant. I'm not against that but I think its still too early. I think if a month or two from now I'm still this emotional then fine I'll go in and talk to the dr. I am sleeping normally again (I was waking up with panic attacks the first week) and I don't even cry daily anymore. I just seem to still get upset about little things that I normally could just brush off. I think that is really normal though. I feel like I'm making progress, the grief isn't overwhelming most of the time anymore, but it is still there.
I'm also really worried that if we do the clomid and its a failed cycle that I will really struggle with it. I already think that if I get my period this month it is going to be difficult to deal with. I just really want to move forward, not backward in the grieving process.
I guess my overall question is, are our chances THAT much better in the next 2 months? If so I'll deal with the emotional part and soldier on. If not then I think I need to try to get dh to see reason and wait another month or two before we jump back into IUI.
My RE wouldn't even do an IUI until the 3rd cycle following MC. I MCed, then had AF 6 wks later (so there's one cycle), then the RE wanted a full "normal" cycle--AF to AF (so there's cycle 2), & then we did IUI the following cycle. And I had no luck there, despite having about 5 follicles ready . I do get the financial aspect of it, but if you're not ready, you're just not, KWIM?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep I brought it up to dh and he was actually really understanding, I think I hide a lot of how I feel so he thinks I'm doing better than I am, so we are waiting to feb. now, I am feeling very relieved, we will just try naturally this next cycle. I'm going to start temping again.

Yes it's vitamin b6, it lengthened my LP by 2 days, I take it all the time now.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Perfect (on the B6 info). I couldn't remember which B vit it was as I was having a short luteal phase as well, and started taking B complex for another issue and it lengthened mine out too. So I discovered it on accident and then read about it later.

And Amy, I'm glad you're feeling better about the timing now.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Perfect (on the B6 info). I couldn't remember which B vit it was as I was having a short luteal phase as well, and started taking B complex for another issue and it lengthened mine out too. So I discovered it on accident and then read about it later.

And Amy, I'm glad you're feeling better about the timing now.
B complex shortened my lp three days (12 to 9!), and I broke out in horrible cystic acne I'm STILL battling 45 days after stopping it (they say it can take 60-90 days to get it out of your system).

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #38
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Exclamation Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More week of December 17th

Hey ladies got a question

Af showed today so I'm thinking of having a HSG done to make sure no blocked tubes. Can anyone tell me how much a HSG will cost?

We're doing a IUI jan if nothing goes nuts again an if fails going to do a HSG in Feb to make sure nothing wrong with tubes. Yeah The doctor said he don't think my tubes are blocked but I"m being to wonder as both times I've had one follie on left ovary with perfect lining an nothing on right side so I'm being to think my left tube is blocked as each time everything is perfect & not a + on a hpt.

So now trying to find out how much HSG will cost. I can't call doctors office right now as they are out of town until Jan 5th. I start my meds again New Years Day
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #39
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfoxy View Post
Hey ladies got a question

Af showed today so I'm thinking of having a HSG done to make sure no blocked tubes. Can anyone tell me how much a HSG will cost?

We're doing a IUI jan if nothing goes nuts again an if fails going to do a HSG in Feb to make sure nothing wrong with tubes. Yeah The doctor said he don't think my tubes are blocked but I"m being to wonder as both times I've had one follie on left ovary with perfect lining an nothing on right side so I'm being to think my left tube is blocked as each time everything is perfect & not a + on a hpt.

So now trying to find out how much HSG will cost. I can't call doctors office right now as they are out of town until Jan 5th. I start my meds again New Years Day
I think it's 6-700 at my dr
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #40
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
I think it's 6-700 at my dr
I hope to try an call the office Monday see if anyone there can answer that question. Surely someone be in the office no matter my doctor is out of town til Jan 5th. I'm so upset at things right now really getting mad at my doctor due to certain things.

I've also got another question. Since I had my surgeries done my right ovary stopped working it seems as both cycles I've had a follie on LO but nothing on right. My right ovary used to work great now nothing. Do you think it might start back working again or ?

I'm very worried it will not but the strange thing is before had my surgies the LO wasn't working an ow it is an the right stopped.

Last edited by slyfoxy; 12-30-2012 at 12:06 AM.
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote