Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #21
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you making for Christmas Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressagemom View Post
I'm making a pot of chili on Christmas Eve, and putting a round steak in the crock pot on Christmas morning. I wanted something that would be quick, easy, and cheap. We have beef in the freezer, beans that I canned in the summer, and potatoes for mashing. We are too tight to purchase anything special, so it has to be whatever I have on hand.
Hubby this morning started trying to tell me other things he wanted me to pick up and I told him what I got was plenty. I'm having such a hard time getting him on board with the budget...I'm going to try one big monthly shopping trip in January and see if that helps with out budget...we spend a ridiculous amount a month at the grocery store.

Advertisement

cassmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #22
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
For Christmas eve, we decided to just do crudites and other appetizers, like an all day thing. And we join our extended family on Christmas. The menu includes ham and turkey breast, squash and potatoes.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Brown sugar glazed ham, green beans, and scalloped potatoes. It's just DH, me, and our two small boys so nothing big. We will be making a lot of soups and stews with the leftover ham since I couldn't find a smaller one.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. That's it. Lol
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
slyfoxy
Registered Users

For our Christmas eve we're staying at home due to my DH father is sick. So this Christmas eve is going to be different anyways we wasn't going up to his father house anyways due to issues with SIL.

So for us being at home for Christmas eve we're going to have pumpkin rolls, Chex Party Mix KICKED UP a Notch an cocktail wieners & a Christmas Punch...
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #26
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ham, green beans, potatoes, and rolls.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #27
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just the 4 of us... We are doing ham with fresh pineapple rings, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing (I can't eat it-stove top for DH),cranberry sauce (dh wanted it?),gluten free corn bread, gluten free pumpkin pie, and gluten free peach pie.

For Christmas Eve dinner we had appetizers. This is not a "normal" meal but we wanted to do something fun and extra fancy. 6 different kinds of olives, a cheese ball, a mushroom salad, artichoke/tomato/heart of palm salad, caviar, various crackers, gluten free corn chips for me, and DH made gluten free chex mix! (DH was going to take us to a fancy restaurant but I wasn't sure I could eat anything as they are doing a limited menu for Christmas Eve so we did "fancy" at home. DD spit out the caviar and DS said "no thanks" after one cracker. So we still have 3/4 of the little jar left for new years.)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

Just finished preparing baked cinnamon french toast to pop in the oven for breakfast.

For lunch when my parents arrive we'll have a vegan lunch, since we're all veggie heads!

Seitan pot roast with carrots, potatoes
Cornbread dressing
Baked corn
Green bean casserole
Mashed potatoes with brown gravy
Yeast rolls
Veggie tray
Banana pudding

For dinner - leftovers

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 12-24-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote