Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
question about this carrier on etsy....UPDATED WITH PIC

so I'm convinced I want a wrap converted mei tai but I can't find any that aren't $200+. I found this one on etsy though http://www.etsy.com/listing/11488931...ing-hand-woven the seller has good reviews. Just wondering from you more seasoned baby wearers, does it look like it's made well? do you think it would be comfy? it's woven, I think most wcmt are yes? do you think theis would be ok for a newborn too?

UPDATE:
so I know some of you wanted me to update so here we go I got it in the mail today! it shipped pretty quickly. The carrier appears to be very well made. I'm 31 weeks and my model is my 3 year old who is about 27lbs. Even being pregnant and carrying a toddler it was pretty comfortable so I can only assume it's going to be awsome for the new baby! I'm happy with my purchase for sure!

Advertisement

Last edited by SillyEllie; 12-29-2012 at 10:47 AM.
SillyEllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I love wcmt's! I would be leery bc of the low price honestly! I don't think it's made from a wrap! Also she states that nb-3 mo have to be in crossed leg position and that's not true. Froggying is no longer rec'd from what I understand or at least you don't have to do it. Look for a used wcmt on tbw.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about this carrier on etsy....

I ended up buying one last night anyways. The reviews on them were really good so I figured it was worth a shot. I know that cheaper doesn't mean better when it comes to carriers. Like I stay away from ebay carriers at all cost. I don't think this is a true wrap conversion because like you said, I don't think she's buying a name brand wrap and converting it. It's just the same style and idea. She also sells wraps so I think she just uses the fabric she has. I've tried looking for used ones and they are just not in my price range at all I'm apart of a local babywear group and yes, I've read that too that frogging their legs isn't recommended but from what the local ladies told me, her legs would be fine if I just did that as a newborn and once her legs were able to spread then to spread them. Well, it's coming to me in the mail and baby is coming next month so we will see I guess
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's not a WCMT. It looks pretty though I wonder what the fabric is, the weave looks fairly "open"? Will you update the thread when it arrives?

Last edited by MotherMoonPads; 12-18-2012 at 02:55 PM.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
It's not a WCMT. It looks pretty though I wonder what the fabric is, the weave looks fairly "open"? Will you update the thread when it arrives?
yes of course I'll update it may be a while because it's shipping internationally and it's xmas time but I'll post pics! this is what it says about the fabric "made of 100% cotton. The fabric is hand-woven and dyed only with natural vegetable colors
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
Beerbelly
Registered Users

Subbing coz I was eyeing this carrier too!
Beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
MamaRachel
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
seller

My Mood:

They've been getting great feedback on TBW! I think it will be a great carrier for you, I've been tempted to grab on myself. (and her wraps are stunning!!)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRachel View Post
They've been getting great feedback on TBW! I think it will be a great carrier for you, I've been tempted to grab on myself. (and her wraps are stunning!!)
that's great to hear! it has shipped so as soon as I get it I'll post a pic and review for myself. I'm glad I just went ahead and took the leap to just try it. I saw their wraps too. They are gorgeous!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about this carrier on etsy....UPDATED WITH PIC

updated
Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Beerbelly