Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

What name would you chose ?

Violet Grace or Allison Grace ? I'm really wanting Violet and DH wants Allison .

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What name would you chose ?

I prefer Violet...I don't really like the name Allison anyway (just personal preference), but Violet is much more on-trend without being insanely popular...it might be a middle name option for us; I had a great-aunt named Violet & DP & I both like it.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
I prefer Violet...I don't really like the name Allison anyway (just personal preference), but Violet is much more on-trend without being insanely popular...it might be a middle name option for us; I had a great-aunt named Violet & DP & I both like it.
Yep I agree ! Allison just seems too popular . I think the main reason why DH wants Allison is for the nickname Alli .

Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My middle name is Allison and I dont love it. I think the name Violet is adorable
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Allison has been top name between 30-50 for the last 12 years. Violet just broke under top 100 2012 for the first time.

We try to be even less popular than that. I think you need to take both names with you and see. Does the middle have to be Grace? Maybe Violet Allison or Allison Violet...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Allison has been top name between 30-50 for the last 12 years. Violet just broke under top 100 2012 for the first time.

We try to be even less popular than that. I think you need to take both names with you and see. Does the middle have to be Grace? Maybe Violet Allison or Allison Violet...
I see what you mean 😃 yeah we both are partial to that as a middle name as its a family name on both sides

Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105
My middle name is Allison and I dont love it. I think the name Violet is adorable
Thanks ! I actually heard from a YouTube video I was watching 😊

Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are both cute. I doubt any of us are going to be able to sway you guys though! DH and I didn't figure out a name for DS until a week before he was born. DD was a little better and I was at least 7 months pregnant still, lol. If I had a choice, I would probably pick Violet, but that's because I know a lot of Allisons....but they are all my age. I don't know any small people Allisons. lol. What DH and I did when we couldn't agree on the names we liked....we threw them out. For DS, DH wanted Paul and I wanted Solomon....and wanted Paul for the middle name. Since we couldn't agree on those 2, I told DH that neither could be his first name....because it would turn into 'that person won'. lol. So since we both liked Paul it was his middle name. We finally agreed on Brycen for his first name. We are both really happy we stepped back and found a name we could both agree on equally. Good Luck!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I adore Violet! And that's coming from an Allison

ETA: As for the nickname Alli, more people called me Al (including my parents) or Big Al (my softball nickname, since I was usually the smallest on the team.) Not many folks really call me Alli, even though I prefer it over Allison

Last edited by maddys_mama; 06-06-2013 at 04:46 PM.
maddys_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post

Lol thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddys_mama View Post
I adore Violet! And that's coming from an Allison

ETA: As for the nickname Alli, more people called me Al (including my parents) or Big Al (my softball nickname, since I was usually the smallest on the team.) Not many folks really call me Alli, even though I prefer it over Allison
I like both and that's coming from an Alison
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote