Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Failed BPP at 39+5

So this baby wasn't moving much but he's totally running out of room right? I mean I feel him squirm but not so much in the kick department. I also have an anterior placenta so I feel him much less than I felt my other two. Anyhow so I went to my weekly check and they said "you're feeling the baby move?" and I said, "not very much" and they put me on the monitor and his heart rate was pretty consistent high 140s to low 150s but his heart rate didn't increase with movement I guess. So then they sent me in for an ultrasound (I'm kind of a weirdo, I only ever do the 20 week ultrasound and I don't do dopplers until 24 weeks.) So he gets 6/8 for the ultrasound, he's practice breathing, he rolled around and his fluid level is fine but he didn't kick so he got a 0/2 for tone because he had "no gross body movements". The US tech was pocking his foot with the probe but he just did not respond. Anyhow the other thing that was bothering me is that his femur was measuring 37 weeks and his abdomen was measuring 40+5..... I know he was smushed and the US tech told me it was hard to get a good measurement on his femur because of his position, but I can't help but wonder if she wasn't feeding me a load of crap to keep me from freaking out. I have to go for another BPP tomorrow. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm spending all my time worried about his limbs!

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Failed BPP at 39+5

I'm not an u/s tech, but I've heard many times that as the baby gets bigger, it's much harder to get a good/accurate measurement.
Maybe your planning on delivering soon, since all my babies were so still right before their births!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not had that happen, but it would scare me as well. Hopefully all is well.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can attest to the inaccuracy of late term measurements. Based on what you said, I wouldn't be worried. As long as he still has lots of fluid, he has consistent heart beat and he IS moving, I wouldn't be worried about measurements. At 48+2 I was told my baby was almost 11 pounds, with a huge abdomen. They were sure I had undiagnosed diabetes, despite a fine glucose test and weekly pee tests. When he was born he was only 8 pounds 14oz and his abdomen was normal size. No weird blood sugars.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
I can attest to the inaccuracy of late term measurements. Based on what you said, I wouldn't be worried. As long as he still has lots of fluid, he has consistent heart beat and he IS moving, I wouldn't be worried about measurements. At 48+2 I was told my baby was almost 11 pounds, with a huge abdomen. They were sure I had undiagnosed diabetes, despite a fine glucose test and weekly pee tests. When he was born he was only 8 pounds 14oz and his abdomen was normal size. No weird blood sugars.
I love you.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
48+2... typo? lol
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Fwiw, my doc told me that practice breathing is a good sign. Stressed babies stop doing it because they need to save their energy. Best of luck.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

im a "weirdo" about u/s and dopplers, too, and your experience is a part of the reason. i cant tell you how many ppl and family members i have known that have even had csections based on inaccurate measuring info from u/s.

my baby squirms/rolls and kind of shakes like she's stretching or yawning but doesnt really kick at all. im due this weekend.

your baby is most likely just fine! i know its hard not to worry. go for the BPP with faith in your heart and give us an update. good luck!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

48+2... typo? lol
I wondered the same thing I'm guessing 38+2?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

How are you OP?

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote