Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

The JJ Cole mod tote was great for 2 in cloth. It was a splurge for me ($50-60), but I loved it. I was able to fit clothes, blankets/burp cloths, diapers, wipes, sippy, bottle of water for me, changing pad, wallet/planner, coupon holder, phone, keys, etc easily. I bought an extra matching diaper pod for when the boys went to separate classes at church. I could fit a diaper, wipes, and an infant outfit in the pod.

This time around I am hoping C will be potty trained. Going to one in diapers I plan to use a PPB clutch as a diaper bag/purse. Just have to downsize my purse contents.

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Two in cloth diapers - which diaper bag?

I guess I can keep more stuff in the car. When we do go out it's usually for most of the day and involves a long drive. Everyone seems to live far away. Plus, living in Canada there's always the risk of being snowed in somewhere in the winter so I tend to pack a little more than I need. I will have to get a new bag as mine is broken but I'll keep more in the car so I can fit more.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: Two in cloth diapers - which diaper bag?

I have just moved to a regular backpack and I'm LOVING it. I got a nice Jansport (Wasabi) and there are different compartments so I can keep diaper/baby stuff separate from my purse stuff. Then there's a small pocket for extra pacifiers, nursing pads, crayon rolls, and little notebooks. A small zipper on top holds my phone and keys. There's even a laptop sleeve (just a big zipper compartment running up along one whole side) that I stuff my nursing cover and burp rag in so those are easily accessible when baby decides RIGHT NOW to eat. eta: One of the biggest reasons I love my backpack is that I can swing it up and on in no time, without having it slip off my shoulder or be an extra thing to carry. When I'm holding hands with one kid and carrying another, an annoying diaper bag swinging around just doesn't cut it for me. Plus, we have a lot of snow in the winter, and with that comes coats, hats, gloves, boots, snow pants, etc. It's bulky and annoying! The backpack is out of the way, so very convenient for me.

I used flats and OS covers when both kids were in cloth, so that I could just stuff diapers and covers in and have that work for both. I only have one in cloth now, but DS(3) is fairly newly potty trained, so I still carry extra clothes/undies for him. I keep one small bag in the car, always. That has a spare set of clothes for each kid, plus a couple of cloth diapers and a pack of disposable wipes.

I do carry a pair of pants and undies for my 3yo in the backpack though, because there have been a couple of times that we just didn't make it to the bathroom and needed a change right away.

The kids (5 & 3yo) each have a small toddler-sized backpack that they carry that holds their waiting room things in. DD usually just carries her baby and DS packs his with cars or animals.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!

Last edited by Rainfall; 12-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote