Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a way to prevent pooping while pushing? :(

I've delivered 4 babies vaginally and never done this (praying dh wouldn't lie to me). I mean I would know- right? I was induced with all and was able to go to the bathroom (much to my relief) at the beginning of the induction and then of course I didn't eat anything while laboring.

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 12-18-2012 at 01:51 PM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

If I got laughed at for that, heads would roll.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Water birth!
Because you're using the same muscles to push a baby out as you do to have a BM, it happens for most women who give birth vaginally. My first was not a water birth and it just happened. My midwife was discreet and always had gauze pads right there while I was pushing and kept everything clean and out of sight of even my husband. My other two were water births and because it is so much less stressful on the body, there was no BM to worry about.
I know mainstream hospitals tend to force an enema on women as part of standard operating procedures, but it's unnecessary, harsh to the woman's body AND the baby, and purely for the convenience of the doctor. But let's face it- that's what he does for a living. There's poop and blood involved. The nurses shouldn't have to force enemas on women so the doctor doesn't have to take care of that part of birth.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I'm sorry but this made me laugh... :/

With my first I had serve diarrhea and was throwing up like crazy before we left. DH even brought plastic bags in the car just incase I pooped again. He slso lined the seats with towels.

With DD I never had that happen. I went in to labor. No poop no puke no anything. I pooped a little while pushing and I was so embarrassed! I announced it because I figured it would be more embarrassing to ignore it. LOL

My worst fear was always pooping while laboring. So I'll be paying attention to this thread so it doesn't happen again. Lol

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
I hope no one thought I was laughing at OP. I thought ur was funny because I can relate and know the dread of it. Lol

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
mamaspice
Registered Users

I think you should kick your dh and mom out of your delivery room! It's normal and it doesn't have to be a big deal. The medical staff is used to it as it's part of the job and the process.

If you are worried about being embarrassed that is not going to help you relax and labor.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

I agree w pp about not being able to relax if you are worried about pooping. I also would have less people in your delivery room. They no longer make women have enemas in mainstream hospitals, that apparently happened a long time ago, but I'm sure you could ask for one. . My advice would be to eat light when it gets close to your due date lots of fruits and veggies and water so that you go often.and are able to go as soon as you know you know your labor is starting so you can get it out of the way and relax. Its really common and not a big deal but that sucks that the Dr wouldn't let you go and you had to be in such an awful position like that with everyone watching. I asked both times if I pooped and my ex and my husband both said t hey had no idea bc hey were focused on the baby coming out.

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 12-18-2012 at 04:28 PM.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

It really surprises me that so many people are that embarrassed about talking about poop with their husbands! I guess were pretty open about everything at our house. And yes poop is funny but everybody does it and I find its more awkward the more you try and pretend you dont do it. Pooping on display like that would be horrible tho, so sorry that was part of your birth experience.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no idea if I did or not but I like to think I didn't

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

After thinking about what an enema really is...you don't want that. Also it would be someone doing it for you and that's embarrassing which is what you're trying to avoid. One thing that will def make you go if there is poop in there and it is safe while pregnant is a glycerine suppository. They work I have had to do one before and yes its kinda gross bc you have to put it in your butt but you will go immediately in your own bathroom at home and then you wont be taking in any more food during your labor and will be empty for the pushing stage.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #20
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can still poop in a water birth. I have during all of my births both land and water.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote