Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #41
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmJoyFul View Post
So when you are complete, don't start pushing. Wait until your body does it for you. It's so much easier that way and no pooping.
This is not necessarily true. I pooped both times, no coached or forced pushing.

I just think at that point, it's like a steam roller going over a tube of toothpaste. If there's anything in there, it's going to come out.

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #42
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle

This is not necessarily true. I pooped both times, no coached or forced pushing.

I just think at that point, it's like a steam roller going over a tube of toothpaste. If there's anything in there, it's going to come out.
Best description ever!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #43
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a way to prevent pooping while pushing? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post

Haha, the truth!

Op, I am so sorry you have such insensitive jerks around you I have done it with all three, the most spectacular was with my last baby. I was standing by the bed in a partial squat trying to move the baby from being posterior. I felt him start to turn and then realized I had to poop and started yelling about it and then started pooping on the floor. Then my water broke, splashing DH all over his shoes and jeans. Fun times having a baby
Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #44
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DP
Old 12-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #45
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for all the replies and stories. It has made me feel a lot better. I know pooping is natural, everyone does it...but not in front of people up close and personal haha.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #46
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkaK View Post
Haha, the truth!

Op, I am so sorry you have such insensitive jerks around you I have done it with all three, the most spectacular was with my last baby. I was standing by the bed in a partial squat trying to move the baby from being posterior. I felt him start to turn and then realized I had to poop and started yelling about it and then started pooping on the floor. Then my water broke, splashing DH all over his shoes and jeans. Fun times having a baby
Winnerwinnerchickendinner. Best birthing anecdote.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #47
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

I recently attended an awesome birth where the mama ended up on all fours on the floor pushing. The angle that she was at I was laying on the floor to receive the baby. Baby was born en caul and we placed him on a pillow in front of the mom so she could break the bag and hold her baby. In the midst of getting all teary eyed from a beautiful birth I sniffed and thought oh, she must have pooped a little. A couple of minutes goes by and the mama's family member says to me "you have something on your scrubs". I looked down- I had poop ALL OVER ME! I was slightly horrified. I went and changed and never spoke a word to the mom or family about it. Bottom line. A good partner, husband, family member, nurse, midwife or doctor WILL NEVER call attention to if you poop or not and won't mention it ever again if you do.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleypippen View Post
I recently attended an awesome birth where the mama ended up on all fours on the floor pushing. The angle that she was at I was laying on the floor to receive the baby. Baby was born en caul and we placed him on a pillow in front of the mom so she could break the bag and hold her baby. In the midst of getting all teary eyed from a beautiful birth I sniffed and thought oh, she must have pooped a little. A couple of minutes goes by and the mama's family member says to me "you have something on your scrubs". I looked down- I had poop ALL OVER ME! I was slightly horrified. I went and changed and never spoke a word to the mom or family about it. Bottom line. A good partner, husband, family member, nurse, midwife or doctor WILL NEVER call attention to if you poop or not and won't mention it ever again if you do.
Ew...lol!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #49
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post

Yup, this.

I have pooped with all three of my kids, natural labors, no forced pushing.

I am so sorry, op. I would be so hurt and upset for a long time if someone laughed at me over it.

My dh delivered my ds1 and I did poop and he did see it. He had no choice. He does bring it up, but in a different way. I will say I am embarrassed about something, and he will hug me, smile gently, and say something like, "honey, I've seen you poop. I've delivered our baby. You don't need to be embarrassed with me.". If it was ever brought up in a "ha ha" way, I would be so very upset.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #50
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I gave myself an enema a few hours into labor. I didn't want a turd coming out when I was pushing. I was super embarrassed because my husband walked in on me giving it to myself.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote