Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #81
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there a way to prevent pooping while pushing? :(

If you do, you do. I am a birth doula, most moms do, some don't, NOONE cares!!!!!

Advertisement

KaliShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #82
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have gone into labor naturally twice and my body did not 'empty out' either time. I actually was constipated right before labor both times. With my second I told the midwife when I got there... I am super constipated so I'm probably going to poop a ton! (obviously no problems talking about poop) and when I started pushing I yelled "I have to poop!!!!" and she said "go ahead!"(I think I was on all 4s too.. but only hubby was there besides MW and nurse)... When she was stitching me up she said, "so you didn't have a bowel movement during labor... I need you to try and stay on top of that the next few days" lol.. and then later my husband was like yeah... you did poop a little, but I assume it was a tiny bit and not the amount she was anticipating from all my announcements? With my first I pooped on the table and it wasn't a big deal.

Anyway. I'm approaching my due date with my third now and getting constipated (sigh). I'm trying almost everything, but I think my body is just different from everyone else. It must be something about that baby head hanging out so low... maybe I will try that smooth move tea?! Being constipated in labor is not fun!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #83
Angelfish0307
Registered Users

I had three natural births. #1 was a land birth. #2 and 3 were waterbirths (they have a little fish net to waiting to swoop in and catch any poop).
For some reason during all of my labors a side effect I had was frequent bowel movements (at least every hour for a few hours) so by the time it was time to push my bowels were probably too empty so I was fortunate enough not to have the expierence of pooping while pushing.
Angelfish0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks to this thread I warned my DH that I may poop in labor and I didn't want to hear a peep about it. I honestly have no clue if I pooped, I didn't ask and they didn't tell.

Eta: I had a home water birth so I wasn't numbed either.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #85
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to poop while in labor in the hospital with DD #2. I knew if I said that, I wouldn't be allowed to and/or have to have my cervix checked.... I told the nurse that I really needed some ice chips, so while she went to get me some, I had my husband help get me to the bathroom and locked myself in there. The nurse wasn't happy, but I didn't care!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #86
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I don't know if there is any way to prevent it, and I also don't know if I've ever done it... no one has ever said anything! And I didn't notice anything either.
This
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote