Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question What is the tea tree oil for?

I was told by a couple of people to put tea tree oil in the wash when washing my Fuzzi Bunz diapers and wonderfulls hemp inserts. I don't know why I'm supposed to do this but am. It's 20$ for a little bottle. I only put a couple of drops in but what does it do? Sorry I'm new to cloth diapers and am just wondering if I really need to put the oil in. Can someone please explain this?

Advertisement

marelle4381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: What is the tea tree oil for?

i guess you dont "have" to use but most do bc TTO is known for its antibacterial properties and it smells good. lavenedar can also be used!

i always add 5-6drops of TTO in the last COLD rinse cycle (heard that it works better in cold, not sure why?)

how many oz's you are getting for $20??
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you don't mind walmart they have a nice size bottle for like 4 dollars. It's in the medicince department. Just ask and they will tell you. I use it for a lot of things. I put it in his wipes soulution, I put some on hemp insert and put that in his wet bag and diaper pail. I even mix it with baking soda and spread it on the carpet. Then I vacum it up. Leaves the house smelling clean and it kills fleas. We have two dogs and one cat. They also say it you have a case of lice to mix it in with your shampoo and it gets rid of lice. Lots of uses for it.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstategirl
If you don't mind walmart they have a nice size bottle for like 4 dollars. It's in the medicince department. Just ask and they will tell you. I use it for a lot of things. I put it in his wipes soulution, I put some on hemp insert and put that in his wet bag and diaper pail. I even mix it with baking soda and spread it on the carpet. Then I vacum it up. Leaves the house smelling clean and it kills fleas. We have two dogs and one cat. They also say it you have a case of lice to mix it in with your shampoo and it gets rid of lice. Lots of uses for it.

I can vouch for the lice, Madison had it from an outbreak at daycare last summer and I was not going near LICE shampoo while pregnant so someone told me about TTO and I used Dove shampoo mixed it and let it sit on her hair for 30 min and combed out all the dead lice, Seems since it is antiseptic it kills on contact the shampoo just help smother them and made it easier to comb out. Then I rinsed. ALso helps if you have dandruff too. There are soo many uses for TTO and a little goes a Loooong way.

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great thanks for all your help. Wow I bought mine at a vitamin store, 4 fl oz. Thanks for the advice about wal-mart.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is what I use

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=43797

I've had the bottle for months and use it in my dipes and in my apple cider vinigar rinse (for no pooing) and I still have a ton. A little totally goes a long way
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny
this is what I use

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=43797

I've had the bottle for months and use it in my dipes and in my apple cider vinigar rinse (for no pooing) and I still have a ton. A little totally goes a long way

Yup this is what I have now, I've had it for about a month. It doesn't come with a dropper so maybe I'm using too much. How much should I use, maybe I should invest in a dropper. I just pour it in right now. Whoops.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i pour some in the cap and then count the drops into the hot swooshing wash
i aso add lavender EO, the 2 combined smells woonderful!

i add about 7-8 tto and 5-6 lavender

i bought my lavender on ebay
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, mine has a dropper built in. You have to shake it upside down and it comes out a drop at a time. I just shake until several drops come out. I don't really keep count.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #10
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, I was wondering what I could use on our dipes to make them smell good- I am a fabric softener-aholic and of course cant use that on the dipes... I will have to go to Walmart..... Thank gals!
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote