Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: If you don't do santa...

my kids are still very young but we tell them Santa is a christmas thing i guess, like a christmas tree or frosty the snow man, hes just pretend and fun and goes along with christmas, we dont tell them he brings their gifts

Mom to boys
DS1 (07/10) DS2 (10/11) DS3 (03/13)
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
formerly R***and**********
At 3 we just tell the kids, if they are interested enough to ask, that he just a character with a story, like frosty. We also talk about different families having different traditions, and that everyone celebrates Christmas in their own way, and some people play a Santa game with their kids. At that age we also talk about st nickolas but didn't connect him with thr bearded red suit Santa because I thought it would be confusing for him. But now dd is three and has been paying close attention to what ive been talking to ds about and I think she gets it. This year ds is 5 and we went into more detail about how st nickojas turned into Santa.

Dd honestly is so disinterested in Santa, unless she sees a "real" one, then she's totally on alert she does not trust santas! But ds asked if he could have a present this year that says from Santa. I figured they both know he's not real so it's fine.
Both of my kids know not to tell other kids that santas not real.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 12-19-2012 at 06:31 AM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
Registered Users

My boys are in daycare, and my 4 year old for the first time has come home a few times saying things about Santa. I don't bring up Santa at all to him, but if he says something I will just say "Oh, is that right?" or something like that. I don't want to encourage Santa, but I also don't want him to go back to his little friends and tell them "My mommy said there's no Santa!"
Mom to Micah, born 10/6/08And Isaiah, born 8/23/10
Use Swagbucks and earn free stuff just for being online! Yup, it really is free!
MamaJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
Registered Users

We talk about santa as a character--same as we would with Mickey Mouse or something. I also tell them that some people like to pretend that santa is the one that brings their gifts, so that they understand when random people ask if they are getting excited for santa or whatever.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote