Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Tuesday...(Only 7 days to go!)

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday...(Only 7 days to go!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
I have an Amazon and sierra trading post issue myself.

Jess I would so have a kitchen gadget addiction if I had the space.

MH was given a 4 inch thick feather bed....holy crap I want to steal her bed now. So lovely and soft and just wow....
Blanket or mattress?

I love kitchen gadgets too! I'd love a bigger kitchen.

I'm getting a new chopping board board for Christmas. Handmade from a friend of my FIL. Made to have space for the metal bowl that I use for scooping up peelings or chopped things. It'll be solid on the other side so I can turn it over and use it as a rolling surface. Also it'll be used as a heat block between the oven and the freezer. It's going to be the right size to fit on the stove top so I have an area big enough to use it. I dont always need the stove top and mostly cook in the oven or rice cooker or crock pot. So having the stove top as a chopping area is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I just placed my last holiday order online this evening after going to 4 stores looking for something that was nowhere to be found. It should make it to my parent's place before we do.

So tired, but gotta keep on keeping on! Only 4 more days of school. I can do it!!

Miss you gals.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've wrapped a lot of the presents this morning. I have a few to do but as they are in the bed room in nondescript boxes and the kids have never noticed them I cant do that now. They'd notice if they were wrapped in Christmas paper.

I have the dresses washed and drying on the radiators.
The footie-PJs washed and part tumble-dried now on chair backs finishing.
Thermal Jeans (I managed to get some more yesterday) washed and tumble drying now.

Time to stop and have some food.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a brainwave and decided to put the wrapped presents outside on the balcony. It's dry and covered and the kids aren't allowed out there so they cant find the presents. I put a large piece of wood in the door space so they cant see in if the wind should blow the curtain open.

I've run out of paper and still have all of the clothes to wrap. I'll get some this afternoon from town. I'm planning on going after my nap....which is what I'm going to do now.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I could sleep but my brain wont stop.

I've put the mugs to be engraved in my bag, Packaged up all the wool and fleece I can find for Kari, sorted the hats for Jen...need to get a box at the PO for that because I dont have one here.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I go to town when FIL and Derry got to get the others or if I stay home and wait for them and Heiner to come home first.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Busy day Janine.

MH's feather bed if a 3-4 inch mattress topper. So a bed, not a blanket. Her mattress is a nice but very firm futon so this makes it soft and lovely.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas!

MH's bed sounds dreamy. When I was a teen, my uncle bought me an antique bed at an auction that had a custom handmade feather mattress (because back then, all of them were, there was no standard sizes). It was the most awesome mattress ever. If it were not somewhere between full and queen, I would have kept it. I can't imagine going less than a king now, when you have all your kids in bed with you like I did this morning, you really appreciate the space.

Today is gingergread house day. I will head to the school before lunch for one class and right after lunch for the other class. Then Ginger has a pom/cheer performance after school. So a full day.

I thought I had Rosie's bday all figured out. All her presents wrapped, stuff for the cake accounted for, etc. Then Ian asked me today if I had bought a "9" candle yet. Oops. And no, I don't keep regular bday candles either. On more than one occasion we have had a tealight on a bday cake, LOL.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at school. MH is off to class. Ready to face the day...4 more to go
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Busy day Janine.

MH's feather bed if a 3-4 inch mattress topper. So a bed, not a blanket. Her mattress is a nice but very firm futon so this makes it soft and lovely.
Ooo nice!

I wanted a mattress topper for our bed but Heiner didn't get us one when he got the new mattresses.

I didn't have time to get the addresses off the computer before leaving (so I could be gone before the kids got home) but I'll do that tonight and get the stuff out tomorrow hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Morning mamas!

MH's bed sounds dreamy. When I was a teen, my uncle bought me an antique bed at an auction that had a custom handmade feather mattress (because back then, all of them were, there was no standard sizes). It was the most awesome mattress ever. If it were not somewhere between full and queen, I would have kept it. I can't imagine going less than a king now, when you have all your kids in bed with you like I did this morning, you really appreciate the space.

Today is gingergread house day. I will head to the school before lunch for one class and right after lunch for the other class. Then Ginger has a pom/cheer performance after school. So a full day.

I thought I had Rosie's bday all figured out. All her presents wrapped, stuff for the cake accounted for, etc. Then Ian asked me today if I had bought a "9" candle yet. Oops. And no, I don't keep regular bday candles either. On more than one occasion we have had a tealight on a bday cake, LOL.
Did you shape them to look like a 9?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And Wow....I have been asked to consider teaching the Intro to Children's Lit up at the college as an adjunct. Kind of exciting and interesting and overwhelming all at once. It would be for Semester II and start January 14.