Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #11
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone make a SSC that puts less weight on the hips?

Different SSC's work for different people. My DH liked the Oh Snap before I got a Tula. After the Tula, he told me to sell his Oh Snap (which he loved because it was camo). Bamberoo and Tula's are my favorite, but I have liked others as well (Action baby Carrier, becos for younger babies, Dream Carrier, & the O&A with the straight waist).

If you want straps that cross, the Oh Snap, O&A, ABC, Two Mommas Designs, and Dream Carriers can all cross straps. Also, a half buckle would allow you to cross the straps and tie where ever comfortable.

Advertisement

2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
babydirtybike
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecdyses View Post
Kangas (Bloo kangaroo) are worn at the waist and carry higher and tighter than most other SSCs, so the weight is distributed more in the upper back and shoulders, basically feels more like a wrap or Mei Tai. The straps are also very flat and can be crossed. Maybe give one a try? I don't see them often on DS, but they show up on TBW FSOT and right now a number of semi-customs are available instock on the bloo kangaroo website.
Ditto on the Kangas. We have three (xt, x2, and xtp xl straps) and I have crossed the curved straps.
DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEllie View Post
I've seen people doing high back carries in ssc like an ergo. Try snapping the waist band just under your bust area that way it's not really on your hips. I would try that before investing in a new carrier since you already have an ergo
I'm not sure I understand this.

the Ergo doesn't cross strap so I have never tried it. Not sure if I would like it.

thanks for the suggestions!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
katy_green
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEllie
I've seen people doing high back carries in ssc like an ergo. Try snapping the waist band just under your bust area that way it's not really on your hips. I would try that before investing in a new carrier since you already have an ergo
Instead of buckling the waist band at your hips, buckle it under your bust area, thereby moving the whole carrier up and taking the weight off of your hips. We just upgraded my husband's SSC from the Ergo to a Kinderpack, which is quite well padded. He hasn't needed to use it yet since I've been home for winter break, but I know that KPs are really popular among hubbies.
katy_green is offline   Reply With Quote