Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Switching to wool & natural fibers

I have 24 fitteds, and a dozen prefolds that get used as both backup diapers for the small one, and inserts for my oldest. I have way too much wool, but depending on what you want to do (soakers under clothes, longies and shorties, or a combo) will determine what you should consider. I would say 3 soakers if you want to do just soakers. If you want to go with longies/shorties, 2-3 of each depending on the season. More longies in winter, more shorties in summer. If you do a combo, I would say 1-2 of each depending on what you see yourself reaching for more.

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
I change every two hours by default, unless she's sleeping. Deciding whether I should bite the bullet and get a pair of sustainablebabyish wool longies that I could get for $50.25 new on Weedle Weedle.
I love the old SBish interlock, but not the machine knit. My kids are skinny & they just didn't fit right. But, for that price it's worth a try. If you hate them I'm sure you could resell & recoup all you spent.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #13
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ds is almost 5 months and we use wool and prefolds almost exclusively. He has 24 medium cotton pf's from Zabi Baby and 8 mother ease one size fitteds and we wash diapers about every other day. As for wool, he has several soakers but I only end up using 2, switching them when one feels damp.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went ahead and bought the longies! They're a beautiful light purple color which will also match almost all her clothes. At $15 dollars off, I couldn't resist.

Now I just need to get to 30 posts so I can sell my microfiber! I have quite a bit to sell: 12 Best Bottoms inserts, 4 Softbums pods, 1 Softbums Echo and 1 Omni covers, a Fuzzibunz onesize, 3 Tiny Tush pockets.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Were in the process of switching to all fitteds/pfs and wool. So Im not totally sure how much Ill need. But I have (or will afte the OTW stufd arrives) 4 Pairs of Knit Longies, 4 Wool Interlock Soakers, 1 Wool Interlock Wrap. 12 Fitteds and 12 Prefolds. Id like to.add 3-4 Night Time Fitteds + Disanna Soaker for night but for now we'll use disposables.
To me Id say 18 diapers is the minimum + 3 night diapers (For me this means 6 diapers for the day) and then for covers I am not sure as DS just recently developed a PUL sensitivity but Id guess the minimum would be 4 day covers and 1 night. . .
Good luck!

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote