Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
mamarudy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
4 days with no response...how long do i wait?

so let me preface this by saying, i am not referring to a transaction/sale made on this site.

i recently bought some yarn on a FSOT forum. i sent the money via PayPal on Sunday and sent the seller a message to let her know the money was sent. i have not received a single message from her since (today being wednesday). i sent her a second message on monday, asking that she please message back to confirm she received the funds and asked if she could let me know once it shipped, but i've heard nothing.

this is my first time using the FSOT forum on this particular site and the first time buying from this seller. i want to give her the benefit of the doubt (it is less than a week before Christmas). i'm just nervous that i'm going to lose this money and not get what i paid for.

how long before i try to contact her again? how long before i try to take action? and what action do i take if i don't hear back from her? i'm assuming paypal has some kind of dispute resolution process, right?

any advice?

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4 days with no response...how long do i wait?

paypal does have something but they are tricky. Custom items (not your case) they don't do anything.

I talked with someone after I had an issues once. They actually told me to always use my cc instead of paypal balance. It's easier working with the CC company if you have issues than paypal. It's a must on custom items because they actually won't do a single thing.

I never keep balance anymore.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would message her tomorrow (Thursday) and say if she doesn't respond with DC# by Friday afternoon then you will file with PP.. If she still hasn't made any contact then take action.

You would have to file a claim and it will take a couple weeks at least to get your money back. Went through this a couple months ago. Seller made no contact, PP sided with me and I got my money back.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paypal will let you open a item not received case. (as long as you paid as goods and not as a gift)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I.would not file yet. Maybe send anothet message? I actually don't think you can file for 7 days. I may be wrong.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
I would message her tomorrow (Thursday) and say if she doesn't respond with DC# by Friday afternoon then you will file with PP.. If she still hasn't made any contact then take action.

You would have to file a claim and it will take a couple weeks at least to get your money back. Went through this a couple months ago. Seller made no contact, PP sided with me and I got my money back.
I don't know what the rules are there but here its 5 business days. I'd give her longer.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
mamarudy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies. she did finally get in touch with me today and states she is shipping the item tomorrow. here's to hoping everything run smoothly from here