Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Even though #1 doesn't have a backup is there anyway for you to have to backup? Would it be horrible to ask #2 to be backup doula (it may be I have no idea). Is their any family or friends that can be backup?
Were military. We have no family close. My friends ate all on call to watch my kids and possibly drive me to the birth center.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Doula help- what would you do?!

Hmmm... thats tough. If it were me I would go with #1 and know that what's meant to be will happen. I know it can be stressful but I'd go with saving $. I'm sure it will work out.
Just to be sure you wont be alone, I think asking #2 to be backup is a good idea?!
Will you have a midwife at the birthing center? My midwife doubled kind of as a doula for a bit of my labor and delivery. My DH was there and was supportive but my midwife brought a lot of peaceful prayers and encouragement.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

With no backup, I'd go with #1. I'm sort of in this same situation right now. My doula has a mom due in two days who has gone early with all her others, but hasn't had her baby yet, and then I'm due a week from today. I'll be totally bummed if my doula can't come to my birth, but at least I'll have a backup available if something happens.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
With no backup, I'd go with #1. I'm sort of in this same situation right now. My doula has a mom due in two days who has gone early with all her others, but hasn't had her baby yet, and then I'm due a week from today. I'll be totally bummed if my doula can't come to my birth, but at least I'll have a backup available if something happens.
#1 has no back up. I'll be alone if she can't make it.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Talked to #1 a little while ago and the other mom in her book is a a first time so the possibility of her going close to her due date to late is there.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you like Doula #2? If so I would go with her even at the price since she has backup. Stressing about Doula #1 would not be worth it to me.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #27
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic View Post
Do you like Doula #2? If so I would go with her even at the price since she has backup. Stressing about Doula #1 would not be worth it to me.
Over the phone she was very sweet. Were meeting for coffee tomorrow. I'm leaning more toward her too. Stress of not knowing is really making me sick.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally I'd go with #1 for the money aspect, then again I would never had a doula at my birth anyway, so take my opinion with a grain of salt!

A good friend of mine was recently a doula for another family friends daughter and her own daughter in law. They were due a month apart almost exactly with first babies. The friend went a week late, the DIL went 3 weeks early and she had to leave during transition of the first birth to go be with her son and DIL.

Unless someone is totally free anytime you could possibly go into labor I think it would be hard to plan around other births.

But having a back up would be nice with #2, I just couldn't imagine spending all of that money when chances were good things would work out fine with #1

Last edited by SaraElise; 12-20-2012 at 06:31 PM.
SaraElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
#1 has no back up. I'll be alone if she can't make it.

I meant to say I'd go with #2. Blasted preggo brain.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I meant to say I'd go with #2. Blasted preggo brain.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Honestly I'd rather pay the extra money to know someone is going to be there with me. If DH isn't there I need to rely on my Doula since I have no family around and would be alone.