Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday...(Only 4 days to go!)

Sounds like a busy day Jess.

Mel E will have other tests that you wont miss, enjoy the cut and color.

OK off I go to contain Kindergarten! Like that is going to happen

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Joining in here...hi mamas!

Woke up at 8:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it because my kids are usually up at 6:30 (my oldest gets up at 5!) so I really reveled in the fact I got to sleep in, yay! I'm loving the break from school...no early mornings, no homework...

When I went into the living room it was oddly FREEZING and discovered the sliding door was cracked open! I guess one of the kids or DH let one of the cats in or out and didn't shut the door all the way. Now I'm lying here nursing ds while the big kids are playing their new video game and hanging out with DH.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
This waking at 3 am is for the birds. Part of it is I know the house is a mess and it is bugging me. I may get up in a bit and just remedy that.

Jerry is starting to get his Cobell Settlement money
http://www.indiantrust.com/
So we were busy last night running a few errands and I was too tired to do anything when we got home.
What's an Historical Accounting Class member? Is that Jerry?
What is the money for?

I hope it's not out of place to ask...I have no idea and I'd like to understand.

Quote:
Oh and Mel

last day
Mine too...it seems I'm not working till Thursday! I didn't know that till half an hour ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post

I am off to work in a few. Hope my kids are at least somewhat cooperative today. I know it is going to be bit wild and busy.

After work I am going to get my hair cut and coloured. E has another TKD belt test tonight, but I am going to miss it. I hope Ru takes some pictures.

Off I go!
What colour?

Sorry about missing the belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
its snowing!

thank god last day of school. taking ian to his party in hour. he doesnt normally go to school on fridays.

three bears in their three chairs:
snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomother View Post
Joining in here...hi mamas!

Woke up at 8:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it because my kids are usually up at 6:30 (my oldest gets up at 5!) so I really reveled in the fact I got to sleep in, yay! I'm loving the break from school...no early mornings, no homework...

When I went into the living room it was oddly FREEZING and discovered the sliding door was cracked open! I guess one of the kids or DH let one of the cats in or out and didn't shut the door all the way. Now I'm lying here nursing ds while the big kids are playing their new video game and hanging out with DH.
Hi Eco (we have a Jen)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #14
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine....
Long story short. Since the 1800 all native lands have been held in trust. Cobell Settlement is the end of a 20+ year lawsuit brought against the federal government for mismanagement of those trust lands. The feds lost and lost A LOT. They should have lost more but we are happy with what we can get. So these payments are starting as a way to pay back Native Peoples for this mismanagement of the trust lands and all the land leases. Jerry is a member of both classes in the settlement. Last night he got the check for the historical accounts. Sometime this year he will get another check based on the mismanagement of leases for his land for grazing, utility right-of-ways, mineral rights leases, etc. It is hard to explain it all and I am a bit shocked that I just had to hold a class in the office with a group of the Navajo staff explain what the check they got was for. The lawsuit was brought by one woman but he tribes smartly united as one behind her and it became the largest class action brought to the government and the largest settlement. Surprisingly the settlement was ratified by Congress with a 100% yes vote. It is moving and happening so quickly because Obama made it a point of getting it settled and processed in record time. This money is coming into many of the poorest counties in the country.
On a super cool note, a nice chunk of the settlement money is going into college scholarship finds for Native students!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Janine....
Long story short. Since the 1800 all native lands have been held in trust. Cobell Settlement is the end of a 20+ year lawsuit brought against the federal government for mismanagement of those trust lands. The feds lost and lost A LOT. They should have lost more but we are happy with what we can get. So these payments are starting as a way to pay back Native Peoples for this mismanagement of the trust lands and all the land leases. Jerry is a member of both classes in the settlement. Last night he got the check for the historical accounts. Sometime this year he will get another check based on the mismanagement of leases for his land for grazing, utility right-of-ways, mineral rights leases, etc. It is hard to explain it all and I am a bit shocked that I just had to hold a class in the office with a group of the Navajo staff explain what the check they got was for. The lawsuit was brought by one woman but he tribes smartly united as one behind her and it became the largest class action brought to the government and the largest settlement. Surprisingly the settlement was ratified by Congress with a 100% yes vote. It is moving and happening so quickly because Obama made it a point of getting it settled and processed in record time. This money is coming into many of the poorest counties in the country.
On a super cool note, a nice chunk of the settlement money is going into college scholarship finds for Native students!
Thank you for explaining it Jen.

That's awesome news.
The news about a chunk of the money going into scholarships is really great too!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kids packed, I'm packed, all presents wrapped, Lydia and I are presentable, chores done, I need to throw some dishes in the DW, but about to head out for work. We realized that the presents were a little uneven when we wrapped last night so DH and I will pick up a few small things in SD this weekend.
Jen I am happy that it worked out this way for you guys. ANd nice that they got it out so quickly too!

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jsut checked in 462 books...now I need to shelve them all!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so tired.....
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shelving shelving shelving....
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am beginning to wonder if eating a half a loaf of sweet potato bread instead of lunch was a good idea after all.

Ian's party was fun. They decorated gingerbread men. I made all these little ziplocs of red, green, white, and chocolate frosting and their teacher was shocked how they all sat so quietly making their masterpieces. I watched Ian, who made eyes, a mouth, and buttons and then asked for help making eyebrows then didn't actually eat his cookie while the others pretty much gooped and glopped everywhere and got icing all over their hands and faces. Nothing like having big sisters to raise the bar.