Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had my chunky monkey in 24 month pants at 4-5 months old. She is huge in the thighs/hips area and add cloth to that nothing fit! I started buying big pants and rolling them up which comes I handy in the winter because her legs don't stick out if the bottom when I carry her in the ergo. And we've now bought some longies and I make her big butt baby pants.

Advertisement

Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: clothing sizes and cloth diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
Yes, no, kind-of, a bit, completely, most of the time?
I use BG Freetimes, they are really bulky so yes I have to size up all the time (2 sizes in Carters!) When I put an Elemental on I sometimes have to size up, but a few things do fit. When I use a fitted and cover BUBBLE BUM even 2 sizes up gets tight!

lol. this is how I feel. longies at home. that part easy. over pul covers, I search our local great consignment shop for wide pants (I like having a bunch of brands together so I can compare) We don't wear pjs. Cotton shirts and wool pants or soakers/shorties with lighter wool pants over them.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I read another mama post that Carter's makes onesie lengthened.

I found that Carter's one piece outfits are cut well for cloth, and we've done well even with Gap jeans. We haven't had to have different clothes for sposie versus cloth, even with pad folded flats. Just Onesies maybe.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
Rachael313
Registered Users

We've never had to size up, though sometimes it looks pretty bulky & awkward with non-sweatpants.. one-peice rompers do work awesome for cloth...can't tell a difference in sposie or cloth in those!
Rachael313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've had to size up for both girls. Baby clothing is made to accommodate disposables. It's be we been a problem though. With the fluffy butt the clothes fit fine in the next size. However my nephew who has no butt whatsoever can fit into his size with cloth. He is disposable diapered and I put cloth on him once. It made his clothes fit better!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have big babies in general so they are always sized up no matter what. Kai will be 3 in the middle of feb and wears size 4-4t and Savannah is 9 months wearing size 12-18 and some 24 month stuff. I found the only thing that does not work well with fluffy bums are jeans but by the time I like my kids to wear real jeans they were mobile ad slimmed down a bit. Also with a trim diaper like a bge or flat in a flip they fit fine.
I love having a girl this time though because she can wear tights, leggings and jeggings and look super cute and dressed up without really dressing up and she is comfy.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no, i buy clothes appropriate for their size
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my second is skinny (didn't use cloth with my first), so cloth actually helps keep his pants up. We have not had to size up clothing with him.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

we used a mix of diapers (prefolds, flats, fitteds, pockets) and never had any issues with clothes, he was always right in the same size his age was.... although my ds has his dad's lack of a booty, so that probably helped the pants fit better.... he potty trained just before 2, and had just moved him up to 24m/2t clothes, and he had to go back down a size without the diaper to hold his pants up

our favorite little person jeans were from carters

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my kids are long in torso and have short legs and no butt without their dipes.
so one piece things they outgrow sooner like rompers (in torso length).....but pants and a onsie (with extender) fit as expected......and as a result I love dresses and leggings (if its cold enough) they fit the longest...i think girls are easier because of that (other than footed pjs).

when dd4 PL'd she wore the same size bottoms for almost 3 yrs!