Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have the flu and Im delivering via CS in 5 days!HELP!

Im freaking out.DH just took DS2 to the ER and he was diagnosed with the flu!Im freaking out because Im having a baby on Friday!I was worried Id still be coughing and hurt my incision.
DS age 3 got sick last Friday.That was his worst day with fever, aches, watery eyes, nasal congestion, runny nose and cough.
Me, I got sick late Saturday night with my worst Sunday which put me in the hospital
DS age 2 got sick Tuesday and he has been the sickest- finally took him in today.
DH got sick Wednesday with that night being his worse.
Oldest DS is pretty much back to himself with just a runny nose and a cough here and there.
The ER just did a rapid test and he tested positive for influenza, 5 days after his first sypmtom.
The thing that gets me is he and I seem to have gotten better and then now getting worse today.
So had our family all had the flu already?If so when will we feel better?
Or are we just getting it now?
Will my family be able to visit me in the hospital on Friday?I need them to!

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: We have the flu and Im delivering via CS in 5 days!HELP!

Yikes! I would probably call my OB and see if the C-section could be moved to a few days later to give you all time to recover!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

If they are contagious with flu they shouldn't visit. Gotta keep you and the baby safe. During RSV season (already in affect here) children under 12 aren't allowed in the maternity ward or ICU for visits period at our hospital. I would definitely talk to a doctor about what you all should do! Good luck!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
risata
Registered Users
seller

I'd suggest calling your OB and asking if you can postpone. I'm sure they will understand. Hope everyone feels better soon!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agree- not sure but hospital policy might even force your OB to wait since its not good for you or newbie- infection and surgery- ugh
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yikes!Friday would be 12 days since the worst day of my sickness......would I still be contagious?I know antibiotics dont work on the flu but I was put on antibiotics on Sunday.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks like you are only 38 +1 - can you move your section another week or so? Closer to your EDD? That would give you guys time to get better.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'd start drinking airborne now, this will boost your immunity and get you feeling better. If your not better, I'd push the c/s back, you don't want the baby catching anything and definitely do not want to cough or sneeze after having a c/s.

eta~ I know airborne says talk to your dr if pregnant, but it is fine, it is just vitamins and minerals. I took it while pregnant and take it when my kids as infants got a cold as it went through my milk and they'd get better very fast. I love airborne, right now loving the orange flavor, but lemon lime is good too.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

I guess I talk to my ob about pushing my cs back. my mom is our helper and shes leaving after the 1st and ob is leaving after the 1st to his home town
This so sucks!
CDC says your contagious 1 day before and 4-5days after first day of symptoms with kids sometimes longer than 7.Ill be 12days out, ODS 14days, YDS 10days and DH 9days on Friday.Boo!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoo
Yikes! I would probably call my OB and see if the C-section could be moved to a few days later to give you all time to recover!
I would probably do the same. Mostly so you can fully recover, OP!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote