Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katymf View Post
Well we were all in the hospital for a total of 6 days, luckily they had an extra room for us to stay in so we never left the hospital and DS Was only right down the hallway..there are just too many cute clothes we have for DS so I'm starting to think about what outfits to bring for her! I guess since she IS my daughter we shouldn't have to ask If we can dress her, it's not really any one else's choice besides ours unless of course there was god forbid a medical reason why we couldn't be with her or dress her in her own clothes.
Of course you can dress your DD how you want.

FYI most nicu do not let you dress the baby or limit what you can dress the baby in. That way the have full access to the baby for medical needs.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
katymf
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
Yup, DS1 was an August baby and I had the CUTEST coming home outfit for him that was 0-3. Only he weighed 11lbs! I did manage to squeeze him in one time for a pic but it was so tight
My DS weighed 11lbs as well!! Crazy
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Of course you can dress your DD how you want.

FYI most nicu do not let you dress the baby or limit what you can dress the baby in. That way the have full access to the baby for medical needs.

My BFF was allowed to dress her NICU babies in onsies or dresses only! But they could use any blankets that they wanted. This was of course after she was able to be touched.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post

My BFF was allowed to dress her NICU babies in onsies or dresses only! But they could use any blankets that they wanted. This was of course after she was able to be touched.
Well yeah. Thats what I said. They limit depending on the babys issue and medical needs.

Like DS had a Repoggle (drainage tube down his throat). He was only dressed in tee shirts that buttoned at first. We had to be really careful not to knock the tube or they would have to replace it. After that came out we had ti worry about his PICC line. It was in his are. So everything we put on him had to be threaded through that line.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Well yeah. Thats what I said. They limit depending on the babys issue and medical needs.

Like DS had a Repoggle (drainage tube down his throat). He was only dressed in tee shirts that buttoned at first. We had to be really careful not to knock the tube or they would have to replace it. After that came out we had ti worry about his PICC line. It was in his are. So everything we put on him had to be threaded through that line.

I know girl! I was agreeing with you
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had ds last wk and they asked if I brought clothes or wanted to use theirs. I thought that was pretty cool. He wasnt in the nicu but yesterday when we went to the nicu for a blood draw I got a quick peek of a little one wrapped up in a pink blanket so I assume nicu babies can wear whatever as long as it doesnt interfer with the equipment.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about hospital stay

Yup, what everyone else said.
Assuming normal circumstances, baby would stay with you in your room, and you can dress her in whatever you want to. Actually, our hospital ask you to bring your own clothes for baby.
In the NICU it would all depend on what access they needed to baby for best medical care - with tubes and whatnot, it would be best for baby to be in whatever clothing they use (whether nothing or a little t-shirt).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Question about hospital stay

am I the only one who likes to save that cute shirt/onesie that the hospital puts on the baby and put it into the memory box?

lol - but maybe ours are cuter - I think it had a baby version of the hospital logo with a little baby dragon.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
am I the only one who likes to save that cute shirt/onesie that the hospital puts on the baby and put it into the memory box?

lol - but maybe ours are cuter - I think it had a baby version of the hospital logo with a little baby dragon.
Nope. And I sort of like the hospital shirts and blankets in general. Ours weren't ugly and I am happy to have someone else doing the laundry

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Us, too! Actually he stayed in hospital shirts that were white and boring, but he was swaddled the whole time anyway. We kept his blanket and hat from the hospital, though. It was cute!