Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #21
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about hospital stay

I have saved each one of them a shirt and blanket from the hospital. I also have a little teeny tiny hospital gown that Poppy had to wear when she was in the hospital at 2mo. It is the saddest cuttest thing evah.

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
mekat
Registered Users

Hopefully you won't need it but we used these type of sleepers almost exclusively during ds's 7 week NICU stay.. These outfits worked great around a Broviac, peripheral IV's, leads, gastric drains, surgical bandaging etc... We just used one size bigger so there was extra room for the medical stuff. You can just lay the baby and tubing on the sleeper and button around both. I miss the days when I could literally button clothes around hospital tubing. Big kid cloths just do not allow for easy access. DS just did a 3 night stay and I was constantly pausing the IV and unhooking and rehooking, rebinding the IV arm board because he was having so many accidents and was needing to be changed at least every 4 hours.

Forgot to mention: For newborns who have problems maintaining body heat it is really good idea to get them out of those flimsy hospital gowns and into something warmer like a sleeper.

Last edited by mekat; 12-22-2012 at 03:18 PM.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
I have saved each one of them a shirt and blanket from the hospital. I also have a little teeny tiny hospital gown that Poppy had to wear when she was in the hospital at 2mo. It is the saddest cuttest thing evah.
Aww...how sad but sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
6packsmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think for us with our other babies it was kinda mixture. I didn't mind the hospital stuff until it came time for pictures then we put our sons in thier own clothes. I plan on taking a few outfits for my daughter when she comes in June but the tshirts just made it a bit easier for diaper changes. Especially when I was a new mom.
6packsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #25
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
am I the only one who likes to save that cute shirt/onesie that the hospital puts on the baby and put it into the memory box?

lol - but maybe ours are cuter - I think it had a baby version of the hospital logo with a little baby dragon.
I kept a shirt, hat, and blanket for both the girls. I love having their first 'clothes' they ever wore The hospital I delivered ds at doesnt let you keep a shirt or blanket though. I was kinda bummed.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #26
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
am I the only one who likes to save that cute shirt/onesie that the hospital puts on the baby and put it into the memory box?
Our hospital doesn't have anything like that for baby - you bring your own clothes from home. If you don't have something, they have a stash of sleepers and whatnot, but they're not anyone's to keep, just there for emergencies.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My last two never wore hospita clothes and were not wrapped in a hospital blanket. I took clothes and blankets and cloth diapers for them. The nurse dressed them the first time after they were born, then I took care of them the rest of the time myself.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Every baby I've ever seen in the hospital was wearing clothes their parents brought for them. Frequently they're swaddled as well in the hospital blankets, but those the ones at the hospital here are awesome for swaddling. I was able to dress both my girls when I wanted to. DD1 my sister dressed for DH while I was in recovery, DD2 I kept skin to skin for a little while, and then dressed her in a sleeper I brought so other people could hold her.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

You are the parents, you dress your own baby,
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #30
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never even given this any thought. With dd, they just brought us a stash of clean little shirts and diapers/wipes/etc and we swaddled her in the hospital blankets and a couple we had brought from home. I just don't really care what baby is wearing so it never occurred to me to put her in something else. I am glad I saw this thread tho so or I wouldn't have thought to ask the hospital I will be delivering at this time if we need I bring our own newborn clothes.