Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stuck in a slump

I lost 30 pounds in 2012, and have kept it off, but sort of hit a wall and got back into a lot of the unhealthy habits that helped me gain 60lbs during pregnancy. I think my "wall" happened when I had to wean my daughter cold turkey. Life got crazy and I've been yo-yo-ing with about 4-6lbs depending on where I am in my cycle. I've been stuck here for about 5 months and am really ready to break out of it and keep moving. :-)

Anyone else ever pull yourself out of a rut? What worked to get you back on track when life derailed your weight loss journey?

I started at 242 and my goal is 140. My immediate goal is to get to 199 so I can be under 200. :-)

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stuck in a slump

I like to switch things up when I get in a rut.

What kind of exercise are you doing?

Maybe try a different approach to your eating? Weight Watchers will run about a bazillion promotions in January - instead of sticking it out on your own, try with a group. I know that makes a world of difference for me.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
doulaK
Registered Users
seller

You are so not alone, I get into ruts so so so often. I lost 50 lbs from March through July of 2012. Suddenly in July I just had no desire to exercise, eat well, etc. Then one day I saw a picture of myself pre-March 2012. I printed it out and put it on all of the mirrors in my house and above my desk. Let me tell you, this really helped me get motivated.

I started taking pictures every 2 weeks and posting them so I could see results. I remembered how awesome I feel after I workout and when I am eating well, and it was easier to stick with.

I hope that helps! I'd love to chat more, baby is nursing so not lots of time to type.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I lost 56 lbs between Apr 12 till now. I have had several times I was in a rut after losing some. I know for me (cannot exercise) I have to diet to get under my max stall weight. I started eating only when hungry and till I am full. I no longer snack either. Low carb/fat and higher in protein and veggies.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote