Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What to pack for a birth center birth?

Does anyone have any tips on what to pack for a birth center water birth?

I have a nursing bra, comfy pants and shirt for leaving, pads and depends, swim trunks for DH, 2 footsie jammies for baby, diapers and wipes, and snacks for me. What am I missing??

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I've also been wondering this.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What to pack for a birth center birth?

I don't think you're missing much... unless you want something like a boppy. Chapstick is generally recommended for laboring.

if you want to wear a bikini top or other while in the pool.... prolly some flip flops for walking down the hall (or other shoes that you don't mind getting wet).

snacks for DH might be important. Depending on when you arrive, you might want something to read, phone, phone charger, camera?

will the birth center provide you with bathing toiletries to get cleaned up before coming home? I personally like a brush and my own toothbrush, but sometimes they provide toothbrush, toothpaste and some sort of shampoo. Towels should be provided.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I don't think you're missing much... unless you want something like a boppy. Chapstick is generally recommended for laboring.

if you want to wear a bikini top or other while in the pool.... prolly some flip flops for walking down the hall (or other shoes that you don't mind getting wet).

snacks for DH might be important. Depending on when you arrive, you might want something to read, phone, phone charger, camera?

will the birth center provide you with bathing toiletries to get cleaned up before coming home? I personally like a brush and my own toothbrush, but sometimes they provide toothbrush, toothpaste and some sort of shampoo. Towels should be provided.
Thanks!

Chapstick is a must! And gum! Would have forgot about those!
Thank you!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to pack for a birth center birth?

Assuming you are "allowed" to eat in labor like I was during my BC birth- snacks and drinks! DH had to make some snack runs when I was in labor. The BC provided some, like some juices but that was it.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote