Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Nesting BUG!!

Ouch, I have been bitten by the nesting bug! I moved a whole bunch of things and organized baby girl's wool and shirts. BUT it is driving me nuts that I do not have any newbie diapers yet and no money to buy them until the first

Any of you freaking out right now with me?

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
pacgirl44
Registered Users

Re: Nesting BUG!!

Yes, totally! I was always a bit of a nester, but now it's just gone into overdrive!
pacgirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

oh yes! i want to buy some flannel to make wipes and nursing pads but don't have the money to right now. i also want to start washing all of her clothes and diapers but need to buy some rockin green detergent, again no money. i also need to buy another shelf and basket thingies to put washed clothes in. i feel. i just want all her stuff to be ready. she'll be here in a few months and i just don't feel ready. meanwhile my hubby doesn't seem to understand why i'm freaking out a bit.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nesting bug indeed! I cleaned out the guest room and my husband and dad moved out all the furniture. We found a nursery set and new-to-us bedding and accessories. I'm hiring my brother to reprint the room for me and I'm itching to go through the clothes bins I have to see what will work. I love nesting
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been busy cleaning and purging, we are at 93 days till baby and I'm starting to panic

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm nesting still, too. DH is just about done painting the armoire so I just need to pick out some knobs/pulls for the drawers and then I can start loading in little miss' clothes. Just hit the 100 day mark today!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have it a bit and can't do a single thing about it! The room that DS will move into can't be really touched until we get our basement done (because all of DHs hobby stuff will go down there). We haven't really even had a consult on the refinishing because no one will call us back! So frustrating. We do have one company coming on Saturday, but I think they are more of a design house & I'm afraid of what they'll come back with. We really just need a wall put up, some drywall & carpet. Nothing fancy. Anyway, once that is done then I can do more.

For now I managed to at least hang up some clothes in the closet & have a pile of nb diapers in a box. I need to start researching about how to consign some of DS's old clothes, or at least box them up to make more space. I really want to start doing some of this stuff, but just feel like I can't move on until we get this basement thing underway.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Glad I am not alone I still have a bunch I want to do other then diapers. I really need more tiny shirts for this one, when my twins were super tiny I had onesies but those do not work with wool. I want to get a bunch of those side snap baby shirts and embroider them with my advocacy designs to match her wool. I guess I have the quiet month of Jan. to do all that right?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
pacgirl44
Registered Users

I've gone way overboard with buying cloth diapers, and now feel like I have too many. DH is still using the closet in the nursery room for all of his hiking/skiing gear, so I have to figure out a way to gently break it to him that he's going to have to move all of his stuff so we can put baby stuff in there! I'd love to start getting some furniture in there, but I'm trying to pace myself at his request
pacgirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
samham
Registered Users
seller

I would love to be nesting. DH started a 4 day remodel that is going on day 6 so the house is an absolute disaster and it still isn't close to done. The house is painted, now just waiting on new floors and molding then can put house kinda back together again. End of semester is December 8th so I will try to contain myself from going too crazy til then.