Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I'm kind of debating on who to invite...I have a really large family. My mom has 9 other siblings. I want to invite all but it seems that every time we throw a birthday party or some other type of party only a couple show up...so should I even waste my time and energy (and invites) inviting them? I honestly don't believe they will show and dh said it would be awkward having the ones there that are not normally part of out "parties".

What are your thoughts?

Eta. We already have a decent guest list with just close friends and family. I think its at 38 right now...so its not like we will be celebrating alone!

Advertisement

Last edited by MyM&W; 12-29-2012 at 07:22 PM.
MyM&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My family is the same way. I usually keep things to close family and friends b/c it's overwhelming to try and accommodate the extra 100 people (which is the number when I invite aunts, uncles and cousins too). My mom and dad both came from large families. Just take lots of pictures so the rest of the family can see later. Have fun :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I would only invite close friends and close family.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So we are having a gender reveal party..

How fun! When are you having party and finding out? Will you already know and reveal it to others or will it be a surprise to you and hubby to on hat day? I would lve to do something ▀milar. I'm team green, but been playing with the idea ˘ having the Dr. Place the gender pic in a sealed envelope and giving it to the bakery to make cake wit pink or blue on he inside. Then, when we cut into it the surprise would be revealed to all. But, I really want to wait till birth too. What to do....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingmama4 View Post
How fun! When are you having party and finding out? Will you already know and reveal it to others or will it be a surprise to you and hubby to on hat day? I would lve to do something ▀milar. I'm team green, but been playing with the idea ˘ having the Dr. Place the gender pic in a sealed envelope and giving it to the bakery to make cake wit pink or blue on he inside. Then, when we cut into it the surprise would be revealed to all. But, I really want to wait till birth too. What to do....
We have the u/s on the 29th of Jan and are having the party on Feb 1st! Dh and I will find out when everyone else finds out. and we are doing the same cake idea! We were going to be team green also but dh realllly wants a boy and I don't want him to be disappointed at birth if its a girl. Plus this will be something fun and different for our family.