Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #41
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice! Dont know what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
From Drugs.com:

From FDA.gov:
As I said before, you can find a lot of out of date information saying that emergency contraception inhibits implantation - yes, the FDA information is out of date. It has not been changed since the drugs were first approved for use in the U.S. It is no longer backed up by the current science.

Here is another article that speaks specifically to the FDA's outdated information:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/he...anted=all&_r=0

And to quote that article:

Quote:
But an examination by The New York Times has found that the federally approved labels and medical Web sites do not reflect what the science shows. Studies have not established that emergency contraceptive pills prevent fertilized eggs from implanting in the womb, leading scientists say. Rather, the pills delay ovulation, the release of eggs from ovaries that occurs before eggs are fertilized, and some pills also thicken cervical mucus so sperm have trouble swimming.

It turns out that the politically charged debate over morning-after pills and abortion, a divisive issue in this election year, is probably rooted in outdated or incorrect scientific guesses about how the pills work. Because they block creation of fertilized eggs, they would not meet abortion opponents’ definition of abortion-inducing drugs. In contrast, RU-486, a medication prescribed for terminating pregnancies, destroys implanted embryos.

The notion that morning-after pills prevent eggs from implanting stems from the Food and Drug Administration’s decision during the drug-approval process to mention that possibility on the label — despite lack of scientific proof, scientists say, and objections by the manufacturer of Plan B, the pill on the market the longest. Leading scientists say studies since then provide strong evidence that Plan B does not prevent implantation, and no proof that a newer type of pill, Ella, does.

But again, that was not the point of my post. If you don't approve of the emergency contraception, don't take it. That's your choice. However, it should not be mixed up with a medication abortion. They are different and work very differently. That was my point.

Advertisement

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #42
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice! Dont know what to do!

I think the most valid point you made was that whatever you do the relationship will be over.

It will be! Whatever you decide know he is not going to be there for you so you need to do what is best for you and your mental stability.

GL to you and I will not share what I believe you should do bc it does not matter it matters what you truly feel and I think you already know. GL
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #43
mrserhabor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thank you all for your support and advice. I have decided to not got through with the abortion and will be calling the office to cancel my appointment which was scheduled for Wednesday. I also have told my family about this and have gotten support from them. Last but not least I have broken it off with the boyfriend. I feel at peace now. Whatever happens I know that this child has come into my life for a reason. This experience has also taught me alot about myself and how I can continue to grow as a person and a mother. I know there are alot of obstacles ahead but I know with the right people in my life, my children and family, I know I can make it!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #44
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It sounds like you made the best decision for you! Yes, I'm sure it won't be easy, but if it's what is right for you and your family, you'll make it through. Good luck! And congrats on finding some peace with this!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update in post #43! Need advice! Dont know what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrserhabor View Post
Thank you all for your support and advice. I have decided to not got through with the abortion and will be calling the office to cancel my appointment which was scheduled for Wednesday. I also have told my family about this and have gotten support from them. Last but not least I have broken it off with the boyfriend. I feel at peace now. Whatever happens I know that this child has come into my life for a reason. This experience has also taught me alot about myself and how I can continue to grow as a person and a mother. I know there are alot of obstacles ahead but I know with the right people in my life, my children and family, I know I can make it!
Best of luck to you Mama
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #46
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
I am anti-abortion FWIW. So I'm not defending it or the decision to use an abortion as birth control at all. But I think it is interesting the difference in replies on this thread vs the recent abortion thread that was posted in SS where most were all about "womens rights" and making the "right decision for her family" and such.
My guess I'd that people who are going to beat the "don't get an abortion!!!!" drum (rather than offering non-judgemental support) don't spend much time in SS.

I'm not pro-abortion, for the record. But I'm definitely not anti-choice.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #47
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

What is SS? I don't know all the abbreviations for things.

Also, I'm so proud of you mama. It sounded as if you had your mind made up in your first post since you dont believe in abortions. I will continue to pray for you. Also, I'm so glad your family was supportive.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #48
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I am so glad you found peace, and that your family is supportive. I know that at the end of the day most people will say that the do not regret the children they chose to have
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #49
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hooray for you standing up for yourself and opening your heart to this new life I wish you the best and that many unexpected blessings will come to your life as a direct result....so happy you are at peace and have support from your family!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Good for you mama for doing what YOU feel is right! Hugs and prayers for you in the months ahead!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote