Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
I second breastfeeding and I would add placenta encapsulation certification!
Totally agree!

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep, breast feeding education and support is huge. I'm delivering in a small hospital. I'm due tomorrow, but if I deliver on a weekend or holiday (highly likely this time of year), the hospital's part-time lactation consultant won't be there during my stay. A doula that can help with this would be great!

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Question for Pregnant Mamas

If my doula didn't have her breastfeeding certification, I don't think I would have hired her. That's very important to me as we didn't have the support we needed with DD.

I think we're supposed to get 3 prenatal visits, but due to holidays, we're pairing it down to 2. Which is fine... I don't have a huge need to see her more often, but I'm also completely comfortable with the fact that I won't meet my midwife until I transfer at 36 weeks.. I realize some/most women want deeper relationships with their OB/midwife/doula. Me, as long as our philosophy matches up, I'm good.

other than that, it was really important to me when I interviewed her that she had experience with things like back labor, etc that you can't really 'train' for and you get just over time. And she is trained in the Bradley Method, which is the method I will be using. So, that was important to me.

She also has a great lending library for me if I would like to read any books, hypnobirthing, etc - all things she's experienced with.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I agree regarding the prenatal visits. My big interest in getting a CBE credential is so I can offer in home childbirth prep during the prenatal period. 6-8 weeks or shorter if clients hire me closer to their birth and need to fit the info in faster. But I agree, it's difficult to establish a connection in just one or two visits. I'm not sure if I should present my package as 1-3 prenatal visits and have childbirth education/prep as an add-on, or just factor it into the package and price accordingly.
I would have it as an addon. It will probably be most important to first time parents, but if you have someone with 3+ kids or whatever, they might not feel a need for the prep. Although, if you have someone wanting to switch from an epidural birth to a natural birth, then it'd be more important.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #15
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon
I agree regarding the prenatal visits. My big interest in getting a CBE credential is so I can offer in home childbirth prep during the prenatal period. 6-8 weeks or shorter if clients hire me closer to their birth and need to fit the info in faster. But I agree, it's difficult to establish a connection in just one or two visits. I'm not sure if I should present my package as 1-3 prenatal visits and have childbirth education/prep as an add-on, or just factor it into the package and price accordingly.
CBE should be an add on. What I do is offer everything seperate, but if you are doing more than i take money off.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all the feedback, ladies. :-)
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I second breastfeeding and I would add placenta encapsulation certification!

And I agree that the cbe should be an add-on.
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote